Solar ship designs

Discussion and showcasing of unit designs!

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Post your unit designs here! Please put in the title the version of Starfire the designs are for.

Re: Solar ship designs

Postby Cralis on Mon 27 Jul 2020 21:24

Antares wrote:I kinda remember seeing something about dropping troops from orbit directly from Qv's also... takes like SL or EL five or six, if I remember correctly... so maybe they really won't need Hb to unload troops to a hostile planet once you get to that level. I don't remember where that was in the rules though.

Originally it was a foot note a table somewhere in the rules (even I don't remember where it was, it certainly wasn't a complete rule). It's going to become a major feature two versions from now when we plan to do the Section V rewrite, with the addition of actual tech progression for ground combat. You'll see a little bit of it in the next version.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Antares on Tue 28 Jul 2020 15:52

Found it... "Once EL 5 is achieved, troops can use Drop-Pods directly from the Qv if the ship is in the same tH as the destination body."

This is in the footnotes to one of the tables on p. 289. That table doesn't appear to have any title to it there, and is listed at the end of the Q Life Support rules in section AA.

I am presuming that all troops in Qv can unfreeze at the same time as others on the same ship, and that no other systems are required for this to happen... that's all the rules really say about it. I'll look forward to the next few versions. Maybe that second one from now will be called "GroundFire" :)
Antares
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Tue 28 Jul 2020 18:18

Antares wrote:Found it... "Once EL 5 is achieved, troops can use Drop-Pods directly from the Qv if the ship is in the same tH as the destination body."

This is in the footnotes to one of the tables on p. 289. That table doesn't appear to have any title to it there, and is listed at the end of the Q Life Support rules in section AA.

Yep. It's a holdover from Ultra. The entries on the table are going away and are going to be actual tech with actual rules.

I am presuming that all troops in Qv can unfreeze at the same time as others on the same ship, and that no other systems are required for this to happen... that's all the rules really say about it. I'll look forward to the next few versions. Maybe that second one from now will be called "GroundFire" :)

Little secret: I never liked that name. ;-)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby krenshala on Fri 09 Oct 2020 11:20

Ground Fire is something you want to avoid, after all. Especially if you are in the air.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to Starfire Unit Designs