Stealth Raiding

Discussion and showcasing of unit designs!

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Post your unit designs here! Please put in the title the version of Starfire the designs are for.

Stealth Raiding

Postby Valles on Thu 21 Jan 2021 19:55

Code: Select all
SUBMARINE! DDf    (AC) 4-(XOe)    12 TS
[5] S2×3 A2×2 H (Ie) Mgs (Ie) (Bse) (Ie) (Bse) (Ie) (Bse) (Ie) Yi (Ie) Qi (Ie) (CLKa) (Ie) [8/4]
Trg: 1    Def: 0    21 HTK

The choice of drones-as-main-battery is driven mainly by the projected operational model of lurking around mostly harmlessly until something finds you and needs its face punched in right away. In the absence of box launchers, a flush of drones seems suitable... And external beam weapons on the XO mounts are more than enough to settle things with CFN freighters.
Valles
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Stealth Raiding

Postby Valles on Fri 22 Jan 2021 17:34

Decided to take a try at a lower tech version of the same concept. LOD would be the only option in any game I've actually played, but Stealth Tuners open quicker than I'd remembered...

Code: Select all
Dieselboot-class DDf    (AC)    30 HS / 18 TS
[4] S1×3 A1×3 H Mg (Ib) (Bsa)×3 (Ib) (Bsa)×3 (Ib) (Bsa)×3 (Ib) (Bsa)×3 (Ib) Yb (Sta) (Ib) Qa (Ib) Qa [7/3]
Trg: 1    Def: 0    Cost: 636.4 / 95.5    SL 5
31 HTK    S×3 A×3    (60 MSP)   
Valles
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Sat 23 Jan 2021 16:57

So you would use drone deployments to make attacks without being directly detected? That might work (to varying degrees depending upon the target), as you could deploy the drones outside of detection range and have their first orders to wait a period of time so your ship(s) could be long gone before the drones are detected...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby PracticalM on Tue 02 Feb 2021 16:07

I approve of crazy drone tactics.
Before Qv was on the list of prohibited systems I looked into the economics of using drones to deliver troops.

I've done some interesting tricks of dropping drones, moving forward to engage, and then activating them as I retreated back over them giving them drive field blind spot access.
--
Jeffrey Kessler
PracticalM
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Wed 03 Feb 2021 00:41

PracticalM wrote:I approve of crazy drone tactics.
Before Qv was on the list of prohibited systems I looked into the economics of using drones to deliver troops.

Something like that *might* be on the tech list in the far future...

I've done some interesting tricks of dropping drones, moving forward to engage, and then activating them as I retreated back over them giving them drive field blind spot access.

I've done something similar to that with buoys :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Starfire Unit Designs