Dawn of the Stars Campaign rules

Starfire campaign histories, fan fiction, and talking about fiction.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Please post new fiction in a separate thread. The search engine can find all related fiction. Have fun! Just let us know who wins.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Any Starfire-related fiction and campaign-related materials are welcomed here. Player submissions in this forum are the property and responsibility of the author.

Re: Dawn of the Stars Campaign rules

Postby Whitecold on Fri 11 Aug 2017 13:22

Moonsword wrote:Try the code tag to preserve something like that.

Tags don't seem to work still, but at least they provide equal spacing for characters.
It is now manually aligned, I hope it is more readable
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Vandervecken on Sat 19 Aug 2017 00:14

Bad News,

Found out that I don't have Cancer of the right lung, but that I have a very rare mold-related infection in said lung. (Probably got a few spores of it over 35 years ago while in Active Duty in Army). Somehow it has flared up, and although it has a super-low mortality rate, it can be quite debilitating if not aggressively treated. So Aggressively treating it I will begin. And the treatment drug of choice has a few doozy side-effects, which may or may not allow me to do the campaign. So I thought I'd give everyone a heads up. My first block of treatments begins next Tuesday (day after the eclipse) so I'll know more as to its effect on be by around Friday the 25th of August.

I'm not out of the campaign yet !
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 21 Aug 2017 00:47

Vandervecken wrote:Bad News,

It's sound like it might be good news in the long run... I'm very happy to hear it's not cancer. I've dealt with cancer several times in my family... so I'm very happy to hear otherwise.

...it can be quite debilitating if not aggressively treated. So Aggressively treating it I will begin. And the treatment drug of choice has a few doozy side-effects, which may or may not allow me to do the campaign. So I thought I'd give everyone a heads up. My first block of treatments begins next Tuesday (day after the eclipse) so I'll know more as to its effect on be by around Friday the 25th of August.

You have my support and prayers, and it sounds like you're doing the right thing. I do wish there was more I could do to help.

I'm not out of the campaign yet !

:D
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Whitecold on Sun 27 Aug 2017 04:52

I hope you will be doing fine Vandervecken.

The campaign is starting slow, some people seem to be on holiday, though they should be back now.

There is still one spot free!
It is a nice piece of real estate, a comfortable planet with a view on a gentle yellow star, it has a moon, and a gas giant as well as several smaller rocks in the backyard. It is easily reachable from the galactic center (though the road signs are missing)
Come get your star system today!
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby thebard on Sun 27 Aug 2017 09:10

Can't resist.

I seem to have more time free right now. Don't know how long for but
it seems that nothing is garanteed in this life.

If you don't mind the risk of me having to "pause" in 6 months (or 1 year , or 2 . . ) then
I'll give in to this child inside-me itching to get out into space again.

If the space is still free . . when do you need turn zero.?

thebard
thebard
Commander
Commander

Postby Whitecold on Sun 27 Aug 2017 09:16

thebard wrote:If the space is still free . . when do you need turn zero.?

thebard

Preferably yesterday, but for now a PM with your mail will do so I can send you the spreadsheet and the system files, I haven't set a deadline yet
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Whitecold on Wed 04 Oct 2017 11:30

It is happening!
It took its dear while, but the campaign is officially rolling. Turn 1 is processed, and players start exploring the galaxy.

It is very interesting to see different approaches, no two players follow the same starting strategy. Now let us see how it will all work out.

Thanks everyone who waited the entire time to get this started!
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Wed 04 Oct 2017 11:50

Yay! I'm really curious to hear how your home rules work out...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby eoghantodd on Wed 04 Oct 2017 11:55

I fully expect to get boatraced/rolled/wrecked but I learned a lot fixing all my mistakes on turn 1....

I have 3/4 of a fiction piece ready...
eoghantodd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby eoghantodd on Fri 20 Oct 2017 11:08

I'm having issues making fleet orders and survey record work the way I want; specifically I have to specify a body in both the fleet orders and survey record even if I am doing a survivable survey that covers the whole system.

This isn't clear to someone just looking at the sheet what's going on, and what my orders are, and what the result should be. Much thanks to our long suffering SM, but since I'm GMT -9 or so, rather than spamming him with attempts or questions thought I'd ask here to get the damn thing working right.

Much thanks!
eoghantodd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Starfire Fiction