Star Wars to Starfire Conversions

Starfire campaign histories, fan fiction, and talking about fiction.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Please post new fiction in a separate thread. The search engine can find all related fiction. Have fun! Just let us know who wins.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Any Starfire-related fiction and campaign-related materials are welcomed here. Player submissions in this forum are the property and responsibility of the author.

Re: Star Wars to Starfire Conversions

Postby southwestforests on Fri 09 Mar 2018 19:08

Morpheus wrote: Note that it is geared towards Classic/3rd Edition Starfire as opposed to Solar so I'm going to have to tailor it to Solar.
Tangential trivia: 3rd edition is the one I have. Can't remember which earlier edition I had, or even if I was the one of us who had it. Also picked up Imperial Starfire at same time, early 1990s. Have not experienced any other editions; thought about getting one or some but have yet to do so.
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby Morpheus on Sat 10 Mar 2018 15:57

southwestforests wrote:Tangential trivia: 3rd edition is the one I have. Can't remember which earlier edition I had, or even if I was the one of us who had it. Also picked up Imperial Starfire at same time, early 1990s. Have not experienced any other editions; thought about getting one or some but have yet to do so.

3rd Edition is the version that I play the most. I got it in the early 1990s and played it a ton then. Recently I've been playing it a lot, especially the scenarios in Stars at War and Crusade.

I haven't ruled out doing a conversion to 3rd Edition. If I do so, I may just recreate weapon, to-hit and damage tables specific to Star Wars. It kind of depends on how much interest I get.
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby southwestforests on Sat 10 Mar 2018 18:14

Morpheus wrote:It kind of depends on how much interest I get.
Sad to say I will likely pass on it since my physical health is a mess in ways which often mess with my ability to focus and concentrate and sometimes also manual dexterity. For all practical purposes my days of actually playing Starfire and other games are over.
Starfire and Imperial Starfire are the only games I kept when selling and giving away my games about a dozen years ago.
If rules set based on 3rd edition is produced it could be fun to get one in order to support someone I know on here.
Which is similar to reasons for getting miniatures. :D
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby LesMasters on Tue 13 Mar 2018 04:41

Hi

Last time there was a problem with Damon Bradley's website, I sent Matt a folder containing most of what was on his previous site before it died. Matt put it on the old downloads page, so he may still have it. (I still have the material, but would have to reassemble the folder from several hard drives, which I'll do if need be.)

Les
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Postby Morpheus on Tue 13 Mar 2018 10:05

LesMasters wrote:Hi

Last time there was a problem with Damon Bradley's website, I sent Matt a folder containing most of what was on his previous site before it died. Matt put it on the old downloads page, so he may still have it. (I still have the material, but would have to reassemble the folder from several hard drives, which I'll do if need be.)

Les

I was originally going to post the graphic of Damon's Fighter/Interceptor/Bomber chart from Sky Marshall #7, but I didn't want to step on Damon's toes and post something which was partly his creation/IP without his permission. If people are still having trouble accessing his site, let me know and I'll reach out to him and see if he is ok with me posting the table here in this thread.
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Wed 14 Mar 2018 00:32

I do still have damon's skymarshal files. These are pretty large, so email me (cralis at starfiredesign com) and I will send the file back to you. Put your forum user name in the email so I can make sure your email doesn't end up in my pretty strict spam filter...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby LesMasters on Sat 24 Mar 2018 14:21

Hi,

I was going to sort out linking to my copy of Damon Bradley's Sky Marshall 7, but tried his website and found that it was working. So here's a link to the "horse's mouth" itself: http://idahobeef.yolasite.com/resources/SkyMarshal7.pdf

Les Masters
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Starfire Fiction