Alkeda Dawn has been re-released!

News and Announcements

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Alkeda Dawn has been re-released!

Postby Cralis on Mon 09 Apr 2018 13:09

We have released the re-published version of Alkeda Dawn!

Alleda Dawn is a supplement for Classic Starfire (3rd edition). It tells the story of the Vestrii before they fled across the galaxy. When the Vestrii first reached out into the stars, they met and warred with two other factions. First they met the Kess, a religious race that built mission fleets that sought to convert all other races to their ways. And second, the J'Rill, a nomadic race that wandered the stars pillaging anyone and anything they found as a means of survival.

Alkeda Dawn requires the 3rd edition Tactical Rules and Imperial Starfire, but contains a number of new technologies unique to this region of space and a modified campaign system designed for quicker play.

You can get it through our Wargame Vault store at http://www.wargamevault.com/product/239283/Alkeda-Dawn

It has also been included in the Legacy Starfire Package!

EDIT: Corrected the link, the ending was truncated
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Alkeda Dawn has been re-released!

Postby southwestforests on Tue 10 Apr 2018 07:30

It is early for me this morning, this is the one with keel guns, yes?
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Re: Alkeda Dawn has been re-released!

Postby Cralis on Tue 10 Apr 2018 08:51

southwestforests wrote:It is early for me this morning, this is the one with keel guns, yes?

Heh, yes. Alleda Dawn was designed to be it's own thing. It wasn't balanced against the technologies in the original story-line. That is why the techs were altered (and a few removed) when they were integrated with the core rules in the 3rd Revised and Sky Marshal 2 updates.

Played in this original form, the techs make the game play quit a bit differently from what everyone was used to. If TFG had followed-up with more material, I suspect it would have been more popular. (ed note: First Contact isn't what I would have considered a continuation of Alkeda Dawn as far as the tech goes. Great story material though.)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Announcements