Discussion Thread! (was What's Coming Soon™)

Fiction by Sylvester Wrzesinski

Moderator: Xveers

Re: Discussion Thread! (was What's Coming Soon™)

Postby Moonsword on Sun 06 Aug 2017 08:23

Unless they're out there doing something a little more substantial than swatting pirates.
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Postby Cralis on Mon 07 Aug 2017 01:36

Because they wanted to transit to the other side!

:lol: Buh dum dun tsssh! :roll:

I keeeel me!

*cough*

But in all seriousness, it looks like either a raiding force or a recon in force.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Xveers on Wed 03 Jan 2018 04:26

One of the things that has cropped up many a time was "how do you do intelligence operations with warp points in the way?" A couple different answers have been posited; suborned merchants, "commercial ties", and just straight-up passive observation.

But how do you do this while at war?

I was reviewing some rather interesting (and frightening) news on my Google+ feed, when in a spark, both a story idea and an answer came to mind.

And for the record, each and every loophole and error that is exploited by the deWulf Drone is a legitimate attack that either has, or is currently in use. And worse yet, they're hardware oversights, not software. So patching them out of existence may not even be completely possible!
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Xveers on Sun 17 Jun 2018 01:11

Sorry about the delay for the last snippet. I literally had to put a full halt to it when I realized that I had neglected to work out fully half of the deWulf crew ranking system! While I'd worked out the command and flag ranks long ago, everything up to Lieutenant Commander was entirely missing (so no enlisted, no NCOs, no nada).

I'd realized this somewhat when I had the artwork commissioned for what the deWulf looked like (and how their uniforms were laid out) since I needed to work out how the various rank stripes looked, and thus how many there were. But I didn't catch that I needed to also work out WHAT they were called as well. Somewhat unsurprisingly, the main difficulty was in NCO and junior officer country. But, that was eventually worked out in turn, which let me finally complete this post.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Vandervecken on Wed 20 Jun 2018 21:29

Thanks for sharing the DeWulf Universe with us through the years. I have to say this every once in a while because I know how much time the game takes and how much time putting your interesting stories into print adds to that.

Danke, Gracias, Merci, Arigato, Spasiba, Kiitos, Xie Xie, Grazie, Asante, Thank you; and so much more.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Vandervecken on Sun 26 Aug 2018 01:46

Just had to send out a another big 'thank you' for your work; this time for your terrific work on your "alternate Threads of Fate' storyline. Way to Go!
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Previous

Return to deWulf Universe