I have a website!

Fiction by Sylvester Wrzesinski

Moderator: Xveers

I have a website!

Postby Xveers on Sun 23 Sep 2018 23:26

In the course of my writing I've put together a lot of interesting background material for the deWulf universe. Well, I think it's interesting at least! But I've not been really wanting to post it all here on the forums because, well, not much of it is really -directly- starfire related. And frankly, if I did, I'd probably be running a risk of flooding the forums with my stuff.

And I really didn't want to do that. There's a lot of other people here who are creating some awesome content, and they deserve their own chance to shine.

So! I bid you welcome to http://dps-yards.com/

I'm trying to get a good set of content up there, more regular than what I post out here since I can be doing some more interesting and odd things out there without having to bother people here (I really like you Cralis & Marvin, but I don't want to be spamming your forums ;) )

Don't care for the additional filler material? Then don't worry! I'll still be hanging out here on the forums and posting my deWulf stuff as it comes out. I'll still be commenting, answering questions and the like. I'll just be doing it in a few more places :)
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: I have a website!

Postby southwestforests on Tue 25 Sep 2018 06:55

Ahh; heading off to look.
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby Cralis on Tue 25 Sep 2018 23:06

I like your website. It's neat, simple, and I can see you have a lot of content coming soon!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Xveers on Wed 26 Sep 2018 13:20

Cralis wrote:I like your website. It's neat, simple, and I can see you have a lot of content coming soon!

Thanks! It took a while for me to come up with a format and layout that worked and wasn't either more complex than a 747 or was so artsy you needed to be a surrealist to understand (Wordpress themes are a dark, maddening hole to fall down). Likewise with tweaking a workable theme to do what I wanted to do.

I'm just glad I have a place to spam all this other random stuff that's part of my universe or give other progress updates that aren't directly tied to... other things. I'm actually waiting for one of my artists to come off of a contract so that I can get her to do a few more bits of art. You can have a ton of other stuff, but then you suddenly discover "oh hey, I need one of THOSE now" a ton when you start actually setting up a website. So even as it sits now content's gonna be a bit sparse till probably the end of November, when I'm able to get that contract work signed and executed.

Incidentally, it also appears my site can handle subscriptions so that you can get pings whenever something new comes up. I'm still poking at this functionality, but it looks rather promising. I'm not on the full commercial package yet, so I don't have access to the full toolbox. But even this restricted set is pretty powerful.

My overall plan is to be aiming for weekly posts, with a decent blend between updates, direct Starfire stuff (that'll also get posted out here) as well as some more worldbuilding posts.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Return to deWulf Universe