Buckaroo's Miniatures

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Buckaroo's Miniatures

Postby coldsteel on Tue 10 Oct 2017 18:36

Cralis wrote:
coldsteel wrote:I use plain cheap-@$$ flat white or flat black spray paint from Wal-Mart or Lowe's. Then Citadel paints, starting to use Army Painter or Reaper paints now.

I originally used a spray but I found it was waaaay to easy to either miss the inside of cracks and corners or, when attempting to reach those hard-to-reach parts, too easy to get too much paint on the not-so-hard-to-reach parts around the hard-to-reach-part. I ended up using a brush to remove or spread around the paint I just sprayed on. So I just switched to a paint-on primer so I could control the paint better since I was doing it anyway.

I found I got better control off those trigger assemblies for spraypaints... But if that method works for you, awesome. I just never really had luck with brush-on primer. Especially that crap GW made, the 'Imperial Primer'...
TFN: 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Previous

Return to General