Miniatures

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Miniatures

Postby nukesnipe on Thu 06 Sep 2018 06:32

Cralis,

The prices just looked different to me. The receipts for my previous purchases don't link to the prices I paid, so I really can't tell. Perhaps I saw what I expected to see based on the forum post I read....

Don't be jealous of my TFN fleet. They look like crap. The blue color scheme I chose looks pretty flat. I will experiment with glazing them with some clear blue or some blue ink to make them a bit more vibrant.

If you are soliciting future miniature requests, I believe the line is missing dreadnoughts. ;)
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby coldsteel on Thu 06 Sep 2018 14:55

nukesnipe wrote:Don't be jealous of my TFN fleet. They look like crap. The blue color scheme I chose looks pretty flat. I will experiment with glazing them with some clear blue or some blue ink to make them a bit more vibrant.

I'm happy with my off-white TFN fleet. Grey basecoat, build up lighter grey and white highlights. I need to get that BB done some time...
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Commander
Commander

Postby nukesnipe on Thu 06 Sep 2018 21:01

coldsteel wrote:
nukesnipe wrote:Don't be jealous of my TFN fleet. They look like crap. The blue color scheme I chose looks pretty flat. I will experiment with glazing them with some clear blue or some blue ink to make them a bit more vibrant.

I'm happy with my off-white TFN fleet. Grey basecoat, build up lighter grey and white highlights. I need to get that BB done some time...

I'm painting my ships to correspond with the faction colors from the original games: Green for Rigelian, blue for Terran, red for Khanate, etc.

My dark green Rigelians turned out nicely, but my sky blue Terrans were lacking something. So, I added cyan "racing stripes" which helped, but they still seem flat. I'm committed to the colors (I have no intention of repainting them), but I still think they need a little more "pop", so I think I will experiment with some clear blue glazing. I never get to use my clear paints anyway.... :D
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby coldsteel on Thu 06 Sep 2018 21:51

Yeah, I love my glazes. Rushing through some Death Guard for 40K right now, need a small force for a demo session I'm doing the 23rd in OKC at the Microsoft store. Will do the BB after that then start on my Daqan and Waiqar armies for Runewars...
coldsteel
Commander
Commander

Postby Otterman on Sun 23 Sep 2018 08:07

The one in Penn Square?
Otterman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby coldsteel on Mon 24 Sep 2018 18:00

Otterman wrote:The one in Penn Square?

Yeah. We set up a 40K table and the new X-Wing 2.0; wasn't too bad.
coldsteel
Commander
Commander

Postby nukesnipe on Sat 13 Oct 2018 13:31

Hmmmm....

I spy a pair of new TFN CVLs on Shapeways.... :D
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sat 13 Oct 2018 18:16

nukesnipe wrote:Hmmmm....

I spy a pair of new TFN CVLs on Shapeways.... :D

I just announced them at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3493 and on our Facebook page!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to General