What space combat games do you play?

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Owner, SDS Members

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: What space combat games do you play?

Postby Xveers on Thu 28 Nov 2019 00:02

For me it's been a fair amount of Stellaris. I've been playing a bunch of other games, but that's the only space related game as of late :)
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby PracticalM on Thu 28 Nov 2019 16:18

Xveers wrote:For me it's been a fair amount of Stellaris. I've been playing a bunch of other games, but that's the only space related game as of late :)

If you want an invite to the discord chat where we play mulitplayer let me know. Game are sundays 8pm est or Wednesdays 9pm est.
I usually only play on Sunday
--
Jeffrey Kessler
PracticalM
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Fri 29 Nov 2019 16:37

I've played quite a bit of these kinds of games in the past, going all the way back to the original Master of Orion, Stars!, and Space Empires III. I haven't played one of these games in a couple of months.

Master of Orion 1 & 2 (I have blocked 3 from my mind. bleck)
Master of Orion (the most recent one... so generic and copied mechnisms from modern 4X games. blah. I wanted Master of Orion, not "generic copy of everything in the last 5 years" but with Master of Orion races)
Swords of the Stars 1 (do. not. mention. the abysmal failure that followed it. so unplayable.)
Endless Space 1 and 2 (sadly, the first one de-synced into oblivion and they never fixed it)
Stars! (I was very sad the following version was never finished due to publisher shenanigans)
Space Empires III, IV (V never really saw the light of day)
Stellaris (absolutely awesome single player since they changed movement, i want to like it multiplayer but... I hate to have to triage decisions because of time. I much prefer turn based 4X games.)

Oh man, plus we had a few old BBS games we used to play that were 4X style. And there are a couple more computer 4X games that I can't remember the names. And I'm not even starting on board games...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to General