Quick Start Campaign!

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Quick Start Campaign!

Postby procyon on Sat 20 Oct 2012 19:30

I really like this scenario.
Nice job! :)
I give the players something other than 'kill the bad guy'.

I also really enjoyed the fiction. :D

I would have posted with the fiction, but didn't want to muck up the posts.
(I have only looked at the new posts. Didn't look to see if you had a comment section yet.)
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby thesmith4 on Sat 20 Oct 2012 19:45

procyon wrote:I really like this scenario.
Nice job! :)
I give the players something other than 'kill the bad guy'.

I also really enjoyed the fiction. :D

I would have posted with the fiction, but didn't want to muck up the posts.
(I have only looked at the new posts. Didn't look to see if you had a comment section yet.)

Thanks! As I said to someone else, I really like military SF of all sorts, so I'd like to think I can write it, too.
In closing, all I have to say is: Shield, Shield, Shield, Armor, Armor, Armor, Hold, I-drive, Missile Launcher...

--Howard
thesmith4
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sat 20 Oct 2012 20:03

Looks good so far.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sat 20 Oct 2012 21:11

Your time frame matches up well with what I had planned for my Centauris Prime fiction. The major difference is that in my setting Humanity had united following WW III and a fragment of asteroid 99942 Apophis hitting in western China in 2036. By the late 21st century Humanity has colonized the Centauris system and has explored several other systems but hasn't encountered any sentient life.

I don't mind if t to adapt my timeline to fit your setting. Feel free to look at Centauris Prime and let me know if there is anything that you would like to use for back story purposes.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sun 21 Oct 2012 12:39

Background looks good. Neutrino detection is a nice twist on how to find wormholes. I also like the idea of the wormhole being between the sun and Alpha Centauri.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby thesmith4 on Sun 21 Oct 2012 19:25

Thanks, AT. The neutrino concept is related to the wormholes producing mini-areas with higher neutrino densities, approximately double what it should be at a given distance from a star, since some amount of them are leaking through the wormhole.

Oh, and thanks for the offer about your timeline. I'll stick to my own for now, but I appreciate it! :D
In closing, all I have to say is: Shield, Shield, Shield, Armor, Armor, Armor, Hold, I-drive, Missile Launcher...

--Howard
thesmith4
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sun 21 Oct 2012 19:50

Not a problem. It looks like your setting is about 40 years behind my own.

thesmith4 wrote:Thanks, AT. The neutrino concept is related to the wormholes producing mini-areas with higher neutrino densities, approximately double what it should be at a given distance from a star, since some amount of them are leaking through the wormhole.

I can easily see the neutrino spike as the signature of a wp transit.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby thesmith4 on Thu 25 Oct 2012 19:15

Yeah, the neutrinos and protons are lost in the background, though, if you are any distance away at all. (Reference the background material in the fiction section).

Meanwhile, a question: Has anyone actually played the first scenario? Any results?

I've got one more fiction section to post (a brief lookback at when the Lincoln makes it out, then back to the "present" and a set up for the combat in the second scenario), then I'll post the second scenario.

--Howard
thesmith4
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Thu 25 Oct 2012 19:51

Just read the next part of the background. Very nice.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby TerryTigre on Fri 26 Oct 2012 05:31

thesmith4 wrote:Yeah, the neutrinos and protons are lost in the background, though, if you are any distance away at all. (Reference the background material in the fiction section).

Meanwhile, a question: Has anyone actually played the first scenario? Any results?

I've got one more fiction section to post (a brief lookback at when the Lincoln makes it out, then back to the "present" and a set up for the combat in the second scenario), then I'll post the second scenario.

Im planning to play it, but havent yet.
Status: 26 types of tech system. Working on fleet tactics. Added b generation weapons, including G, Gb. Possible to give Ships Movement Orders. Working on SysGenV2
TerryTigre
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to General