Quick Start Campaign!

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Quick Start Campaign!

Postby Cralis on Thu 31 Oct 2013 01:07

Elminster wrote:
thesmith4 wrote:3 x Dragon’s Tooth Interceptors ES-[2]SSA(I)QDL+(I)-[6] (Dragon’s Tooth, Raven’s Beak, Tiger’s Claw)

Oh no no no, the name "Tiger's Claw" is reserved for a carrier type unit. No other unit type has the right to use it. :ugeek:

Who knows what I'm talking about? 8-)

[OT] Chris Roberts would be proud of you for remembering. Speaking of which, did you pitch in for Star Citizen?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Elminster on Thu 31 Oct 2013 01:12

Cralis wrote:[OT] Chris Roberts would be proud of you for remembering. Speaking of which, did you pitch in for Star Citizen?

[OT] Sadly I was too late for the Kickstarter, but a friend is an Original-Backer, so I got my packages through him with a LTI. 8-)
In memory of Gary Gygax
In memory of Leonard Nimoy
In memory of Christopher Lee

In memory of Albert Einstein
E = MC^2 + 1d10
Elminster
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Vandervecken on Thu 31 Oct 2013 16:17

Only the Kilrathi should be able to use that name (Tiger's Claw), or maybe a Kzinti, OR someone who fought hard against them kitties.

Speaking of kitties; hey TerryTiger, nice to see you here again !
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby thesmith4 on Thu 31 Oct 2013 21:29

I know the abuse is well intentioned about the name of the Chinese interceptor. I honestly was having a hard time with the names, and finally stumbled onto the "animal"+"dangerous part of the animal" format.

This is vaguely reminiscent of a line from one episode of ST: DS9. Someone, perhaps Major Kira, noted, after the loss of another runabout, that "It's a good thing Earth has so many rivers." (The runabouts were named for rivers...)
In closing, all I have to say is: Shield, Shield, Shield, Armor, Armor, Armor, Hold, I-drive, Missile Launcher...

--Howard
thesmith4
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thesmiths4 on Mon 18 Dec 2017 19:10

Going to restart this thing when I get a chance over the holidays. (It's me, just with a slightly different username.)
thesmiths4
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Mon 18 Dec 2017 23:06

I didn't realize you had changed your username... did you need to recover the password on the older one, or did you just want to change the name? (or something else?)

As the admin, I can help you do any of those things :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to General