DOwnloads not broken, brain is

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

DOwnloads not broken, brain is

Postby Caplin on Wed 19 Aug 2015 17:48

Hi All,

So that post I made earlier about the downloads DB not working for me was entirely my problem. :/ I've been doing some web site testing lately, and as part of that process I turned off images in my browser. It's a setting I completely forgot about a afterwards, and I presumed it wouldn't stick across restarts. It did.

The download links, and a lot of other links on the site for that matter, are images. So when they disappeared of course I couldn't use them. :)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled battles. <sheepish grin>
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
Caplin
Commander
Commander

Re: DOwnloads not broken, brain is

Postby Cralis on Thu 20 Aug 2015 01:24

Caplin wrote:So that post I made earlier about the downloads DB not working for me was entirely my problem. :/ I've been doing some web site testing lately, and as part of that process I turned off images in my browser. It's a setting I completely forgot about a afterwards, and I presumed it wouldn't stick across restarts. It did.

No worries, I was busy this evening so I didn't see your other message until I saw this one, so I managed to not panic that something wasn't working right! :)

The download links, and a lot of other links on the site for that matter, are images. So when they disappeared of course I couldn't use them. :)

They should have alt tags though, for compatibility and for you... I'll double check that.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Caplin on Thu 20 Aug 2015 10:41

Cralis wrote:[
No worries, I was busy this evening so I didn't see your other message until I saw this one, so I managed to not panic that something wasn't working right! :)

They should have alt tags though, for compatibility and for you... I'll double check that.

They do, more or less, though some of them aren't very informative. I'm probably the only blind person to be interested in the game, so it doesn't bother me all that much. ;) On the other hand, the PDFs I get from you guys are generally excellent and accessible, which is more than I can say for most from other publishers. Thanks for that. :)
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
Caplin
Commander
Commander

Postby Cralis on Thu 20 Aug 2015 12:14

One of the things I have on my list is a website rebuild. So I'd appreciate any suggestions you have that would make life easier for you. And I'm sure Daz would appreciate the same for the PDFs!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to General