Lack of other Starfire links on the front page

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Lack of other Starfire links on the front page

Postby MamelonAndRavelin on Fri 06 Nov 2015 15:44

I started here not long ago after Cralis popped up on SCN with news of the new figures range. I expected there to be some mention of this on the front page here, but there's not.

Then there was later news about the zazzle stuff, but there's no sign of this on the main page.

I hate to be critical but shouldn't starfiredesign.com be the starting point for all Starfire information and products? Shouldn't there be, at the least, links to these other sites and, preferably, lots of pictures?
MamelonAndRavelin
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Re: Lack of other Starfire links on the front page

Postby Cralis on Fri 06 Nov 2015 23:47

MamelonAndRavelin wrote:I started here not long ago after Cralis popped up on SCN with news of the new figures range. I expected there to be some mention of this on the front page here, but there's not.

Then there was later news about the zazzle stuff, but there's no sign of this on the main page.

I hate to be critical but shouldn't starfiredesign.com be the starting point for all Starfire information and products? Shouldn't there be, at the least, links to these other sites and, preferably, lots of pictures?

I'm a little guilty of ignoring the front news page, primarily because almost nobody looks at it. Google analytics tells me that virtually nobody visits it... something like 95% of the hits we get to the domain are to this forum's index page. We've been talking about making changes to the whole 'front' of the site, but we've not yet had the time to do anything with it.

I'd love to do a ton of stuff with it. But I'm having to choose between working on the game or working on the website. It's the problem with having only a couple people (including myself) who can only put a few hours a week into the game.

But... having said that, I think you're absolutely right that I shouldn't be ignoring the front page.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to General