Testing... 1 2 3

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Testing... 1 2 3

Postby Cralis on Wed 27 Apr 2016 11:23

Testing. Testing. Can anyone hear me? We apparently had a silent database hiccup...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Testing... 1 2 3

Postby Cralis on Wed 27 Apr 2016 12:30

Ugh. This week has been insane. Normally I try to do at least three things for Starfire each week. Other than looking at this hiccup. I've only been able to send out the counter orders...

...on the other hand, my eldest daughter told me last night that she will try the game with "the starship thingies" (aka miniatures). Woohoo! Too bad I won't be able until Friday...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby LordKron on Wed 27 Apr 2016 12:49

I was wondering why things have been quiet for 2 days.
LordKron
Commander
Commander

Postby thebard on Wed 27 Apr 2016 14:07

Cralis wrote:...on the other hand, my eldest daughter told me last night that she will try the game with "the starship thingies" (aka miniatures). ...

How old is she? Is this "play-time-with-daddy" or does she actually understand what she's getting in to ?

I've seen that some other players have turned SF into a family project: how many players actually play with their families?
For myself, this is most definitely a one-man-on-my-own-in-the-office game. No hope of family interaction here.
thebard
Commander
Commander

Postby southwestforests on Wed 27 Apr 2016 15:36

This morning I got "Temporary Error number 1" on one email provider.
My printer refused to properly print the pdf of new car insurance cards emailed to me yesterday.
So I went to their office this afternoon and the insurance company's own computers were having issues today.
But, yes, seem to be okay getting on here.

On an unrelated note, first there were the computers, now there's this:
"TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 116 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 230 PM CDT WED APR 27 2016 TORNADO WATCH 116 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM CDT FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS ..."

and
"FLOOD STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL MO 1015 AM CDT WED APR 27 2016 ...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas... Missouri..."

I grew up in hurricane country, tornadoes scare, just the idea of tornadoes scares me.
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby Cralis on Wed 27 Apr 2016 15:56

LordKron wrote:I was wondering why things have been quiet for 2 days.

This "hiccup" appears to have only been since this morning. I've hardly been on because we've been so busy at work installing new security and training in the evening that I've not been able to get on the board.

thebard wrote:
Cralis wrote:...on the other hand, my eldest daughter told me last night that she will try the game with "the starship thingies" (aka miniatures). ...

How old is she? Is this "play-time-with-daddy" or does she actually understand what she's getting in to ?

14... yes she understands. She liked Ogre Designer's Edition but I think she isn't interested in pushing around piles of counters. I'm not sure she'd ever play in a campaign though.

I've seen that some other players have turned SF into a family project: how many players actually play with their families?

Most notable has been Procyon. He's got a litter of burgeoning galactic warmongers. Although many have started moving out into the world now.

For myself, this is most definitely a one-man-on-my-own-in-the-office game. No hope of family interaction here.

So far that's been my experience. Maybe it's going to change a little.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby reddavid on Wed 27 Apr 2016 16:44

southwestforests wrote:On an unrelated note, first there were the computers, now there's this:
"TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 116 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 230 PM CDT WED APR 27 2016 TORNADO WATCH 116 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM CDT FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS ..."

and
"FLOOD STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL MO 1015 AM CDT WED APR 27 2016 ...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas... Missouri..."

I'm in Springfield, MO
Let me cry and I will take on the world
reddavid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Vandervecken on Sun 01 May 2016 12:48

I'll be heading to either Missouri, South Illinois, or Western Kentucky in 15 or so months, I hope the weather won't be cloudy ! Can't seem to get an accurate weather report for Aug 21th 2017 for some reason; danged unresponsive weather prediction computers. :lol:

My daughter played a quick game of Tactical Starfire with me only a few months ago.. Still absolutely no interest in running her own empire though. She'll listen when I talk about the fun and follies of my Aegean Empire in the TPoD campaign, but like her brother, there is no spark to do something like that on her own. Ohh Well.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Lomn on Tue 03 May 2016 15:19

Vandervecken wrote:I'll be heading to either Missouri, South Illinois, or Western Kentucky in 15 or so months, I hope the weather won't be cloudy !

I'm aiming for Edgar Evins State Park in central TN, myself, hoping that a little distance from the IL/KY line makes for less mess with crowds. Only about 3 seconds difference, from what I recall re: NASA's projections.
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Tue 03 May 2016 16:33

Oooh for once I'm in the right place! The eclipse shadow's center will literally be passing just 15 miles south of me in Oregon. Astronomically speaking, I'm right in the center of the path!!!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to General