How do you remember which ships turned?

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: How do you remember which ships turned?

Postby sandywhite90 on Tue 29 May 2018 19:27

I'm a handyman and accidentally found "tile spacers". They come in all sizes and some great shapes and I use them to identify units that have fired and such in many games. They are cheap and you get a bunch in the smallest of packs. I use the smaller thin "X"s and put them on stacs to note fired, and I'm sure you could find another shape or color to note turned.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4vUAAOSwnDxUq4fP/s-l300.jpg
sandywhite90
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby Cralis on Wed 30 May 2018 00:42

Oh interesting! I wonder if they are big enough and sturdy enough to separate counters in a stack with them?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Skarn on Thu 31 May 2018 01:01

I haven't tried this myself yet (I'm still setting up the VTT for my first Starfire game in 20 years), but if you applied the movement notation from Nexus 2 p. 29 where it described simultaneous rather than pulsed movement for 1st Ed and used it to document movement for all of the ships in a battle (irregardless of the movement variant being used), that would give you specific records of when a ship last turned.
Skarn
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Previous

Return to General