Getting A Physical Copy Of Solar Starfire

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Getting A Physical Copy Of Solar Starfire

Postby zakueins on Sat 16 Jun 2018 12:12

Is there a way to get a physical copy of Solar Starfire, other than convincing my local Kinko's to do a print run for me?

Thank you.
zakueins
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Re: Getting A Physical Copy Of Solar Starfire

Postby Morpheus on Sat 16 Jun 2018 14:55

I’d highly recommend Lulu (http://www.lulu.com). They do a great job and have good prices and a lot of binding options.
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:50

We don’t currently have that option available. However, once we get done rebuilding the publications for Wargame Vault, we are planning to figure out what we need to do to use Wargame Vault’s new “physical print” option. When we do that we will make them in actual book format so they are better than a simple printout.

The downside, like everything else, is that this takes time. The print format requires a different document design than the PDF form.

P.S. I believe WGV’s physical print option is through Lulu as well.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby zakueins on Sun 17 Jun 2018 15:44

Thank you, it will making using the rules a LOT easier.
zakueins
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Mon 18 Jun 2018 17:04

zakueins wrote:Thank you, it will making using the rules a LOT easier.

I’m old fashioned in that I prefer actual, high quality books. So I understand.

But there are two indispensable features I use:

With the PDF, search functionality is a godsend. Even I sometimes have trouble remembering where every single rule is located.

And when I do a heavily house-ruled game, I have actually single-side printed out the rules and put them in a three-ring. inder so I can highlight rules, write changes on the opposite page’s blank back, and/or inserted pages with larger home rules and charts between them.

But I always like to have abook for general reading, refamiliarization, and for show.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to General