Miniatures

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Miniatures

Postby schoon on Thu 10 Jan 2019 14:24

Thanks, Scott.

I'll go with that, and hopefully have something to show off in the future.
schoon
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Re: Miniatures

Postby Cralis on Thu 10 Jan 2019 16:42

If you want to see the various plastic materials, go to our Facebook page at https://m.facebook.com/pg/starfireboard ... tab=albums and look at the albums. There are several albums with painted miniatures, and one with unpainted miniatures. That one is where you can see the quality differences. The solid white ones are “versatile plastic”, the black ones and the shiny white ones are “acrylic”, while the semi-translucent ones are the “fine smooth detail” that he’s talking about.

The fine smooth detail costs a little more than versatile but has 1000% better detail. The acrylics also have detail but cost a LOT more than the fine detail plastic.

At some point I have more images to post, and I will also post to the shapeways pages too. I have some to paint for pictures... but I have a lot of learning to do before I’ll have anything worth showing.

If you (or anyone else) wants to show off painted Starfire miniatures, I will post them too :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to General