Star Ruler 2 has gone OpenSource

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Star Ruler 2 has gone OpenSource

Postby Tesuji on Sun 29 Jul 2018 09:30

Hi folks,

in case you missed it, Star Ruler 2 is now available for free under the MIT license and the game data and artwork under CC-BY-NC 2.0.

Tek a look here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/282590/d ... 754840807/

I haven't played it yet, but from what I have read and seen the ship building much reminds me of Starfire or Earth Expects.

Anyone played it?
Tesuji
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Star Ruler 2 has gone OpenSource

Postby Cralis on Mon 30 Jul 2018 11:38

My computer gaming group has played quite a bit of Star Ruler 2. Combat isn’t really a big focus, it is very economics focused. In particular, economic logistics. To advance you have to chain production of different materials and components from system to system to increase the production level. It’s a very, very interesting system.

Open source eh? I’m going to have to check that out.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to The Starless Void