Alien RPG - Fria Ligan

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Alien RPG - Fria Ligan

Postby aramis on Sun 07 Jul 2019 13:39

Fria Ligan (Free League) got the Alien/Aliens/Alien³/Alien Resurrection/Prometheus license, and are doing an RPG.

The starter kit/cinematic adventure ran pretty well; I won't do a full review here, but if you search RPGGeek.com for Alien Cinematic Starter Kit, you should find my review there.

I've run it, the CSK works really well as a one-shot - hidden agendas, secret traitor, and all.
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Alien RPG - Fria Ligan

Postby Tesuji on Sun 07 Jul 2019 19:45

Woooot! That really sound interesting.
The fitting name for any 'Secret Traitor' archetype probably would be 'Carter J. Burke' :-D

Is the focus more on action/combat or is there material for stories more focused on horror?
I have been very happy so far with Eclipse Phase for horror elements similar to the black goo stuff from Prometheus/Alien: Covenant.
Tesuji
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Sun 07 Jul 2019 23:29

I haven't looked... is this a board game like the Battlestar Galactica one? It sounds kind of similar.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby aramis on Mon 08 Jul 2019 02:33

Cralis wrote:I haven't looked... is this a board game like the Battlestar Galactica one? It sounds kind of similar.

Nope. It's a new full-up RPG, currently in preorder. I don't label things RPGs if they're not. I'm pretty AR about classifications.
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Return to The Starless Void