Australian and New Zealand Players of Star Fire.

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Australian and New Zealand Players of Star Fire.

Postby Rigelian12 on Wed 24 Oct 2012 15:05

Hi Alexei,

Until I got solar, I have never used Gunboats before.

But they do have a couple of surprises such as the enhanced fighter 1, a very powerful weapon,
also a new carrier to carry them. The enhanced fighter Bay. Had developed new technology
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Wed 24 Oct 2012 19:41

I'm thinking that the Rigelians could stumble on the "System that must be concealed." That would give them access to gunboats. It would also give them a secure fold to start a new war with the Alliance.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Thu 25 Oct 2012 05:49

Hi M Wadwell,

I too have kids, 1- two year old. And 1 expected in February next year.

I used to play with friends on a Saturday night. But friends moved Away.

Starting a solo game of Solar. Hopefully I start this weekend.

Should be fun learning.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Thu 25 Oct 2012 05:54

Wish I had the time to start a solo campaign.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Cralis on Thu 25 Oct 2012 08:25

FYI, the secret struggle with campaigns... solo or multiplayer... is to keep them going. It is waaaaaaay to easy to say "I'll skip this weekend and get back to it next weekend" and then realize it's been six months. =(
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby krenshala on Thu 25 Oct 2012 19:45

*krenshala looks around all shifty eyed*

Um, no really ... I've done stuff with my campaign since April ... honest! I have! I ... uh ... looked at Section V a few times. And ... uh ...
*krenshala turns and quickly walks back to the main board*

:lol:
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Thu 25 Oct 2012 20:06

I just don't have the time to even start a campaign for the near future.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby krenshala on Thu 25 Oct 2012 20:32

Honestly, a good use of your available time for Starfire can be in making systems. Generate the star(s), planets (if any) and WP, but don't bother linking them. Get a feel for how the sys-gen process works, look for "oh wow" results, odd ball things that come up, etc. Feel free to tweak things if you think the rolls just aren't ... right. Then, if the system has habitable worlds (assuming you aren't using Unusual Life Forms since it adds a bit of complication) roll for indigenous races and their EL. When you get some, work up at least their open Tech Trees and what SL they are at, even if you don't bother making ship/base designs (I say try to design them as well, but it can be a lot to do).

But above all make sure to keep every system you make. If using paper, one system per page, one or two other pages for a race (depending on what all they have).

Then, when you do have time to play, you've already got a stock of pregenerated system along with some NPRs to populate them. I think my first two years of "solo" starfire (the year before and after GSF was released) was almost exclusively creating NPRs and systems (as well as Perl and PHP scripts for same) and getting a feel for how that process worked. :D
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sat 27 Oct 2012 03:49

I used to do that with New Empires. Had more time for gaming in those days.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Mon 29 Oct 2012 05:41

Hi all
Will pregenerate star systems for solar, about 50. Also will create 10 NPR races. This should take a few weeks. Any idea, where I might get a list of ship systems ,to design my own Warships and freighters. I appreciate any ideas for 1 or 2 designs. When I get this done I will start the game.
Thanks
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PreviousNext

Return to The Starless Void