Stll plodding along

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Stll plodding along

Postby Cralis on Thu 11 Sep 2014 22:03

Graybeard wrote:Now that the weather's cooling, I'll have more time on the computer to read the PDF Complete Solar Starfire Manual.

Graybeard! Been waiting to hear back since you had your surgery. I suspect, since you're here talking, that it went well. :)

I'm happy to see you've made it back to us. I can't wait until you're ready to start your new campaign!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Fri 12 Sep 2014 08:04

Good morning, Cralis,

Thank you, for your well wishes. I had a cardiac consult appointment the day before my cancer surgery and the cardiologist said I'm at risk for anesthetics. So, I asked him to cancel the cancer surgery. I'm now lining up on a bypass surgery for four blockages in my heart, with the pre-op evaluation on Sept 25.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get Urology to reset the cancer surgery without anesthetics. At this point, I don't care whether it's with or with anesthetic, I want that thing out of there.

I'm looking forward to when I start playing, too.

Best regards,
Graybeard
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Mon 22 Sep 2014 01:35

Hey Graybeard, so where are you at in the rules now?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Mon 22 Sep 2014 16:12

Good afternoon, Cralis,

Still milling around in L1 Population and Infrastructure.

I saw my Cardiologist the 17th of this month for a follow up and mentioned to him that I'm willing to take the tumor removal without anesthetic from Urology and he talked me out of it. I told him I'm concerned about the cancer spreading from the tumor in my bladder and he talked me into keep putting the bypass surgery first.

I had two private reading goals before I ordered Solar Starfire. So, now I have three private reading goals and am spread out. The two original reading goals are sizable books, too. I'm rotating reading from all three. Plus, I will be rereading L1 for about the third time, here.

And all the while there's the consideration of making my next campaign game from the Third Edition rules. I'm all messed up.

Plus which, nicotine withdrawal cold turkey because I ran out of money and tobacco doesn't help my state of mind, either.

Regards,
Graybeard
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:25

Graybeard wrote:Still milling around in L1 Population and Infrastructure.

The two original reading goals are sizable books, too. I'm rotating reading from all three. Plus, I will be rereading L1 for about the third time, here.

The stress of the medical problems isn't helping either, I'm sure. When I had surgery earlier this year I actually went back and re-read the book I was reading at the time because I couldn't remember half of it...

And all the while there's the consideration of making my next campaign game from the Third Edition rules. I'm all messed up.

I would focus on one set of rules at a time. It's difficult enough as it is.

Plus which, nicotine withdrawal cold turkey because I ran out of money and tobacco doesn't help my state of mind, either.

Ouch. That certainly doesn't help either...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Tue 23 Sep 2014 15:25

Good afternoon, Cralis,

Thank you, for your response and care.

Okay, I'll keep muddling through the Solar Starfire Manual.

Regards,
Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby dazrand on Tue 23 Sep 2014 17:11

You are in our thoughts and prayers Graybeard. Certainly keep us informed.
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Moonsword on Wed 24 Sep 2014 15:36

In my own encounter with section L, I found that actually trying to process a turn made some of it easier to follow.
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Postby Graybeard on Wed 24 Sep 2014 16:35

dazrand wrote:You are in our thoughts and prayers Graybeard. Certainly keep us informed.

Good afternoon, dazrand,

I appreciate that more than I can say.

Best regards,
Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Graybeard on Wed 24 Sep 2014 16:37

Moonsword wrote:In my own encounter with section L, I found that actually trying to process a turn made some of it easier to follow.

Good afternoon, Moonsword,

I think that's a good idea. Playing a turn will settle lots of different issues. May as well play the start turn.

Best regards,
Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Starless Void