Easter Egg Contest!

Forum for SDS-run contest rules, entries, questions, and results.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
This forum is for SDS contest rules, entries, questions, and results. Each contest will have a set of rules posted above the topics, and commenting will open when the contest goes live. Enjoy!

Easter Egg Contest!

Postby Cralis on Sat 03 Sep 2011 01:29

Welcome! This is the first of two contests that will be held for a signed advanced-readers-copy (ARC) of EXTREMIS! Why are these worth having? As Dr. Gannon himself said, there are only a few copies of ARCs printed and usually few or none signed. In terms of rarity, that makes these two books some of the most unique copies of EXTREMIS in existence!

So what is the contest?

Easter Egg Hunt. That's right, Easter Eggs. Dr. Charles Gannon spent some time writing for the Traveller game system. And one of the things he did while writing EXTREMIS was to drop in a handful of easter eggs related to Traveller. Like what? Ahhhhh you're tricky... you figure it out!

During the month of September we will be accepting emails at contests@starfiredesign.com or responses to this topic as entries towards this contest. Just type up what you think are Traveller Easter Eggs in the book and email or put them here as a topic. Just so you know, this forum is permission only so any entries submitted here will not show up until the end of the contest!

THE RULES
Rule 1. The Easter Egg contest will run from 2 September 2011 to 1 October 2011. Any entry received during that time period will count.
Rule 2. Eventually all entries will be posted to this forum, whether posted by a forum user or copied from email.
Rule 3. Anyone can make an entry via email. Registered members of the board can post directly to the forum, but no posts will be visible until the end of the contest.
Rule 4. There are no fees or requirements in order to participate.
Rule 5. Marvin Lamb and the SDS members (and their families) will not be allowed to compete in these contests.
Rule 6. Entries must be in English.
Rule 7. The SDS reserves the right to reject any submission on any grounds. Inappropriate entries or those that belong to a copyrighted movie, novel, or gaming system will be automatically rejected.
Rule 8. Each correct submission will count as a single "ticket" towards the final drawing. Everyone has a chance to win!

TO ENTER
To enter into the contest just post your submission into the forum topic for the actual contest. There is no limit to the number of submissions you make, but please try and clearly mark each submission when posted or emailed together in the same message. Posts that are not entries will be allowed (visible) within 24-48 hours, and actual entries to the contest will be made visible at the end of the contest.

PRIZE
There is only one prize in this contest, one of the signed EXTREMIS ARCs. All correct submissions will be tallied after the end of the contest and a drawing held to determine the winner. The winner will be announced before the end of the month of October (give us some time to check each submission!)

DISCLAIMERS
By entering this contest each person consents to the use, reproduction, and publication of their submission by the SDS for use with STARFIRE gaming system. In addition, each person consents to the same for their name and prize information to be used, without compensation, in any advertising, publicity, promotion, news, or information purposes. Any use of the submitted material will be properly credited in the source material. By entering the contest each person agrees to abide by the contest rules and acknowledges that the SDS is not responsible for damages, costs, demands, claims, or losses of any kind made in connection with, in respect, or arising out of this contest or the prizes, or in connection with the development or use of the submissions.

The chances of winning depend upon the total number of submissions.

The contest rules are subject to change without notice for any reason. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, or the security, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest is corrupted or adversely affected, the SDS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Easter Egg Contest!

Postby Club on Sun 18 Sep 2011 21:14

bump.

I've spotted a few things it might be, but I'm not the traveler buff I know a few people are.
Club
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 19 Sep 2011 09:17

Club wrote:bump.

I've spotted a few things it might be, but I'm not the traveler buff I know a few people are.

Send them in anyway. Right now there are only a handful of submissions, so if you get any of them right and they don't... you'll win :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Thu 29 Sep 2011 23:56

Interesting. The only people who have entered anything into this contest are ineligible to enter.... and I know at least Club has said he thinks he might know a Traveler easter egg or two.

Even if you are just guessing, put in some entries! In a few days the contest will be over...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Xveers on Fri 30 Sep 2011 21:36

Sadly I don't own either book, otherwise I'd be competing here :(
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Return to Contests