What will humans be like in 30-100 years

News about space exploration and scientific advancements. What do you find interesting?

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
The forum is intended only for space and science information. Discussions about how it applies to Starfire is encouraged - there might be some great ideas we can use!

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

What will humans be like in 30-100 years

Postby BillW on Tue 02 Oct 2018 21:11

Will we be genetically altered, become cyborgs or merge with AI. I suspect a little of each. Some of the folk in the article below think a lot of each.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -100-years
BillW
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What will humans be like in 30-100 years

Postby aramis on Tue 13 Nov 2018 17:57

100 years? maybe.
I think they're being overly optimistic. Especially about battery tech and medical progress.
Then again, I'm in that over-40 crowd.
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Tue 13 Nov 2018 19:59

The Verge Singularity!

I think it's possible, but I don't think that politically, economically, or socially we'll allow it to happen.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby southwestforests on Sat 17 Nov 2018 22:14

I'd say that their opening statements are spot on:
Predicting the future is a fool’s game at the best of times. Right now it’s madness – so much is up in the air technologically, politically, economically, ecologically and spiritually, it seems as likely we’ll be shivering in caves as enjoying our new bionic exoskeletons by 2118. For all the talk of humans living longer, life expectancy has flatlined in recent years. The near future doesn’t look younger and fitter so much as older and fatter, as the median age in the developed world powers past 40 towards the middle of the century.

But of all the developments emerging now, it’s technology focused on the human body that would appear to introduce the most chaos into the system.

And on that in particular, "Predicting the future is a fool’s game at the best of times", I still remember what the 1970s predictions of right now looked like ...
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Return to Space and Science