First games in 30 years

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: First games in 30 years

Postby Xveers on Tue 12 Sep 2017 19:41

Cralis wrote:
grondak wrote:I pushed my crew's quarters to the front, like armor. "Nobody's going to be sleeping while they are at battle stations." :)

Since there are no costs, I think we'll need to re-implement the "loss of bridge" penalty. That is, if you lose your last Q then all future rolls are -1 for that ship.

That got taken out somewhere? 0.o
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Wed 13 Sep 2017 01:39

Xveers wrote:That got taken out somewhere? 0.o

There is a LOT missing out of the QSR when you compare it to any of the purchased rule sets. It's part of what makes it very simple and easy to play!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby grondak on Wed 13 Sep 2017 05:17

Cralis wrote:Since there are no costs, I think we'll need to re-implement the "loss of bridge" penalty. That is, if you lose your last Q then all future rolls are -1 for that ship.

The Iguna Admiral shakes his left front leg, tail up to the skies. "See, see how the universe mocks me? It punishes us for comfort! I long for the days when we basked in the sunlight on rocks. Ancestors! Provide a 0-space sunning station instead of these staterooms and I will grant you victory!"

The universe, answering with silence, punishes Admiral Iguana just for sticking his tongue out to smell around. Gah!
grondak
Iguana Sunlord
Iguana Sunlord

Postby Cralis on Wed 13 Sep 2017 12:09

Grondak, that made my day. I... arg! Stupid mobile version of the admin section. I guess you're going to have to wait to see how much that made my day until I get home and can log in on my computer.

EDIT: Ahhh. All is now good.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby procyon on Wed 13 Sep 2017 22:07

grondak wrote:The Iguna Admiral shakes his left front leg, tail up to the skies. "See, see how the universe mocks me? It punishes us for comfort! I long for the days when we basked in the sunlight on rocks. Ancestors! Provide a 0-space sunning station instead of these staterooms and I will grant you victory!

"The universe, answering with silence, punishes Admiral Iguana just for sticking his tongue out to smell around. Gah!

:lol:
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby grondak on Sat 16 Sep 2017 20:13

My scheduled game with the Rat Admiral has been postponed for a week. Yardwork. :) His, not mine.

Y'all take care!
grondak
Iguana Sunlord
Iguana Sunlord

Postby Cralis on Sat 16 Sep 2017 21:38

grondak wrote:Y'all take care!

Grondak, have you noticed what I did to your forum account? :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby grondak on Sat 16 Sep 2017 21:46

I love it :) I was hoping for something like that on Friday afternoon!
Thank you!
grondak
Iguana Sunlord
Iguana Sunlord

Postby grondak on Mon 25 Sep 2017 17:20

This just in....

Admiral Iguana smashed the Rat Navy at the Sixth Battle for the Dining Room Table system. The fleets were evenly matched, but "random chance operated in our [Iguana] favor", said the Iguana scanner officer.

In a repeat of Scenario 2, Small Fleet Action, the Iguana ships were meant for knife-fighting, having only Ls (DD=4, CT=2). The Rat fleet was hetrogenous: the DD and a CT carried sprint missile launchers, and one CT had Force Beams.

That single Rat CT ran up into range of our lasers and got fried on the second turn. The Rat Rs held the range out by spending movement points in place. The Igunas exchanged a couple of turns of fire, lost some of the laser mounts on the DD, did some flying around as the Rats tried the same, and won the tactics part of the battle with a Hard Turn. The Rats knew they were going to get sliced open so they went for Engine Modulation.

Oh, the bloodbath.

Eventually, the Rats tried one final assault on the Iguana destroyer as they were going down. A volley of Rat sprint missiles from the Rat DD and the missile-equipped CT flew at the Ignaua DD, but point defense took out all but one of those that made it to the terminal phase (6 shots, 1 hit(!!!), then the point defense destroyed it). The Rats were extremely downtrodden. (Hint to Rats: remove that pesky amygdala-- those feelings cost ya.) The Iguanas returned fire, with a total of 6 lasers at range 2. The bloodbath ripped the Rat DD to smithereens, leaving it with only one sprint missile launcher.

Next turn, the Rats figured out how to get the upper hand on the Iguanas (initiative) and fired a single missile at the Iguana DD. The same DD stopped the missile again in a furious stream of glorious green Iguana tracers and AP rounds! That was all she wrote for the Rat fleet, as the same 6 Lasers ripped the Rat ship from nose to tail.

We flew to victory by crushing the remaining CT. It didn't stand a chance , dying just like its sister ship died on turn 2.

Iguanas rule, Rats drool.We own the Dining Room Table system again! We will meet next week in Scenario 6, WP Battle at Rat's House.

Sunlord Grondak
grondak
Iguana Sunlord
Iguana Sunlord

Postby dazrand on Mon 25 Sep 2017 17:36

All hail the Iguana Sunlord!

Careful on the warp point assault, it can change things unexpectedly and Rats are known to be sneaky!

[Great update by the way, a good ending to my day!]
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Solar Starfire