Play-by-email Forum Game

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Play-by-email Forum Game

Postby Cralis on Sun 08 Oct 2017 22:42

VoidStalker_WoE wrote:I'm still above ground and kicking, so looking to run some fleets and inflict all the damage that I.... Er, offer a decent non AI opponent during some tactical battles, lol. :lol:

I am badly in need of a computer check on Vassal playing nicely with win7, so any help would be appreciated greatly.

The Advance After Combat guys at https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodc ... ter-combat are building a Vassal module for Starfire. While they are focused on 3rd edition Starfire, I've been invited to see a few of their games and I think that the module could be used for pretty much any edition of Starfire. It's pretty cool too, they have graphics to mark shields up or down, streaming atmosphere, and all sorts of other indicators. As soon as they get a public version I plan on promoting it here on our forums.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Xveers on Mon 09 Oct 2017 03:32

OOhhh sweet. Can't wait for em to be ready! :D
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 10 Oct 2017 12:50

Cralis wrote:The Advance After Combat guys at https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodc ... ter-combat are building a Vassal module for Starfire. While they are focused on 3rd edition Starfire, I've been invited to see a few of their games and I think that the module could be used for pretty much any edition of Starfire. It's pretty cool too, they have graphics to mark shields up or down, streaming atmosphere, and all sorts of other indicators. As soon as they get a public version I plan on promoting it here on our forums.
Awesome!
Xveers wrote:OOhhh sweet. Can't wait for em to be ready! :D
Me either, lol.
VoidStalker_WoE
Captain
Captain

Postby Xveers on Tue 10 Oct 2017 20:51

Aye~ I'm glad that there's going to be a new, proper VASSAL module. I made a thing for Tabletop Simulator, but VASSAL is the proper tool.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Previous

Return to Solar Starfire