General clarification questions

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: General clarification questions

Postby dazrand on Sun 07 Jan 2018 14:39

So we just ran into some remnant units. Do automated remnant units have the same readiness states as normal units?

Effectively yes. The automated units are ready for action just like any player's ships at normal readiness.
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Sun 07 Jan 2018 22:29

Pyrite wrote:So we just ran into some remnant units. Do automated remnant units have the same readiness states as normal units?

Basically they are active or inactive. The rule GG1.04.5 says:

"Once an automated remnants detects a non-remnant race, they become active (inactive remnants become active when “enemies” reach medium range). Once active, they will activate one additional automated unit per day per active remnant."

Read through the rule, it does a pretty good job of outlining how they activate and who they recognize as non-remnant... if anyone!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Pyrite on Mon 08 Jan 2018 04:25

Ah, I hadn't realized that was the same active that units become when they begin to respond to a threat. So once activated, Remnants would remain active effectively forever?
Pyrite
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Mon 08 Jan 2018 09:44

Pyrite wrote:Ah, I hadn't realized that was the same active that units become when they begin to respond to a threat. So once activated, Remnants would remain active effectively forever?

That is how I read it. And it makes some sense, they were probably active for many years until they went into a watch mode or hibernation or something. So once active, they will stay active for longer than your game will run.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Pyrite on Mon 08 Jan 2018 20:21

Thanks for all the help so far.

Now I'm invading an asteroid belt. The only notes in the ground combat rules I see in regards to this are the note about it not doing PU to PTU conversions. Are there any other specifics I should be keeping in mind while prosecuting my offensive?

Do asteroid belts have planetary zones? What is necessary to control space over them?

Also, what exactly is the effect that Qt grade has on an invasion?

Edit: Found answers elsewhere for the troop grade thing, but still haven't figured out how to deal with asteroid invasion.
Pyrite
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Previous

Return to Solar Starfire