Update on SSF v6.03

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Update on SSF v6.03

Postby Cralis on Fri 13 Apr 2018 10:07

As promised in the Starfire update a few months ago, we've been working on getting the next version of SSF completed. I just sent Dazrand the work copy with almost 1000 changes in it. And there is an additional set of documents with some more complicated changes that can't just be noted in the margins.

Somebody please put some battleships in orbit and nuke my world if I wait 4 years to do an update again. I will deserve it...

So what we are doing is adding in fixes, corrections, and updates we've completed. We are not adding in stuff that is incomplete, so for example the Section V rewrite has not been tested and won't be in the next version. Those changes are going to be the core of the next update. (We are, however, adding in fixes and some other changed to V to make it better as it is now) This has been absolutely punishing to work through so many accumulated changes and I will not let that happen again.

This work has also delayed our S^3 project, which alone is enough to make me promise not to let this happen again.

Ok, so there we are. I will update again soon.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Update on SSF v6.03

Postby Whitecold on Fri 13 Apr 2018 12:01

Are there any other regions but Section V that are getting overhauled, or is the rest just all small change that accumulates all over the rules?

Also, I am all out of battleships. Are Superdreadnoughts fine as well?
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby dazrand on Fri 13 Apr 2018 12:34

I will use corvettes. Rather ironically, one for every change marked :twisted:.

Working through the changes, this first set consists small to modest changes. Many of the changes clarify or reinforce existing rules, but there are some adjustments and expansions.
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Fri 13 Apr 2018 16:18

Whitecold wrote:Are there any other regions but Section V that are getting overhauled, or is the rest just all small change that accumulates all over the rules?

None of the major rewrites are going into this version. There are only two sections that need a complete rewrite (U and V), but there are some sub-sections that players have been asking us to change for a while, and we want to more fully test those before adding them.

After four years there are thousands of small updates and relatively minor upgrades or expansions that we've added. There are a number of smaller things getting changed, many to address issues that have been brought up, others because they are geared towards where we want to go in the background story (aka expansion).

Also, I am all out of battleships. Are Superdreadnoughts fine as well?

That should be ok, as long as you are aware of the orbit weight limit. It wouldn't be helpful if you broke the orbit and everything on it crashed to the surface. :lol:
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby igycrctl on Sun 15 Apr 2018 12:27

Just curious, what is the “S^3 project”?
igycrctl
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Morpheus on Sun 15 Apr 2018 13:46

igycrctl wrote:Just curious, what is the “S^3 project”?

Or care to offer up any teasers/clues?
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Sun 15 Apr 2018 15:37

"Super Secret Squirrel" project. I've mentioned it several times in the past and again in the "State of Starfire" post earlier this year.

Morpheus wrote:Or care to offer up any teasers/clues?

I believe that at one point I made a comment like "I think I just gave away what we are doing" ... Amazingly that does not appear to be the case! ;)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Morpheus on Sun 15 Apr 2018 18:03

Cralis wrote:I believe that at one point I made a comment like "I think I just gave away what we are doing" ... Amazingly that does not appear to be the case! ;)

I must have missed that thread...
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Whitecold on Mon 16 Apr 2018 14:10

Cralis wrote:I believe that at one point I made a comment like "I think I just gave away what we are doing" ... Amazingly that does not appear to be the case! ;)

Cralis, don't you have enough gamemastering experience to know that obvious hints to players, well, are not.
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 16 Apr 2018 15:48

Whitecold wrote:Cralis, don't you have enough gamemastering experience to know that obvious hints to players, well, are not.

Of course. Maybe I'm just a mean SM... :twisted:
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Solar Starfire