Update on SSF v6.03

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Update on SSF v6.03

Postby Cralis on Mon 30 Apr 2018 23:36

Another update!

We have passed through one of probably a series of four updates we need to make on the SSF rules for the next version. The first 1000 updates has been integrated and we are currently discussing the handful of questions that came from them.

Next comes "wave 2" of the updates, which were not already mapped into the editable PDF that we use for version control, but have already been identified as ready. There are probably half again as many updates, though some are a bit more widespread (such as a terminology change, for example). I need to finish going through one change document and parsing out the ready updates and deciding which ones will go into the next version. Then we'll add that set to the updated version. I am hopeful that we will be able to do that in the next week or so.

Wave 3 will be any last minute decisions on the "not ready" updates that we feel need to be added into this version. Most of these will be those that we haven't decided the wording on. The few items that we need to actually test will be held until the next version.

Wave 4 will be final proof reading.

I will update again when we reach wave 2.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Update on SSF v6.03

Postby Cralis on Thu 12 Jul 2018 12:19

Yet Another Update!

We are not quite at phase 2 yet, but within spitting distance. We’ve completely updated all of the first phase changes and are down to the last parts of phase 2. But since it’s been two months I felt that it was time for another update.

So what is coming in Phase 3? The last of the confirmed changes out of my own notes. I keep a set of offline notes where I add things I have found, ideas from me, or spin-off ideas from email or offline conversations like those I occassionally have with Marvin.

After that will be the final phase, where we look at the remaining material that has not been finalized and decided what, if anything, needs to be finished and added and what will be pushed to the next version.

I have also started using a way to track the quantity and size of pending changes so that I don’t let the number of changes get this far out of hand again...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to Solar Starfire