What Are Project Accounts?

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Owner, SDS Members

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

What Are Project Accounts?

Postby SCC on Mon 12 Aug 2019 04:07

So I'm trying to figure out how NPR's spend money and one term that's causing me trouble is Project Accounts, it's mentioned three times on page 208 in Y7.02 but never really defined. Best I can figure out it's for really big projects that can't be paid for in a single turn, but the wording is some weird, like the bit about saving the funds in IU, kind of suggests that these are truly massive projects, like the pyramids, and not simply a ship that costs a lot.

As a side note how should I determine how many Qt an empire will build/station on a planet?
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What Are Project Accounts?

Postby Cralis on Mon 12 Aug 2019 16:10

Y2.02.2.1 defines Project accounts. Basically if the NPR does not have enough MCr to pay for an R&D prject then it will save and earmark that saved MCr to start the project as soon as it has enough MCr set aside to do so.

There is no standard for Qt. For reference, when invaded every PU on the world releases 1 Qtr...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: What Are Project Accounts?

Postby krenshala on Fri 25 Oct 2019 13:24

(Another older post, but ...)

Myself, when starting up NPRs, I'll use a percentage of the population - specifically the DEF fund percentage - as the number of Qt they start with. For LEL races (without ships) I'll combine WAR and DEF since they won't be spending on ships/stations and Qt are their only units.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Solar Starfire