Rules Question: NPR Spending and non-warship builds

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Rules Question: NPR Spending and non-warship builds

Postby Graystonw on Fri 28 Feb 2020 13:05

Hello!

Back again with another NPR question.

If an NPR wants to build a non-warship, which fund will they use?

For example, an NPR which is growing wants to build some bases to defend WP outside of their home system. They decide that they need a mobile shipyard. It is a non-military ship. Does it come from the War fund? Its purpose is building defenses, does it come from the Defense fund? It is part of the races infrastructure, does it come from the Industry fund? It is built on a freighter hull, does it come from the Freighter fund?

Side note: Could anyone confirm that I've designed this minimal mobile yard correctly?
Code: Select all
28 HS / 20 TS
[2](SYM)Qa(Ica)(Ica)[2/2]
Cost: 270.2 Maint: 9.1
SL 1 - 4 HTK

Thanks!

-Gray
Graystonw
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Re: Rules Question: NPR Spending and non-warship builds

Postby coldsteel on Fri 28 Feb 2020 14:24

Should be listed as 30 HS not 28, unless I'm missing something; don't have my SSF book handy. Otherwise, looks great as a minimal mobile shipyard.

As for how to pay for it, funds could come from any of the funds, since it can come from Industry or Freighter.
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 1 BC, 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks), 2 FTx (old sculpts)
coldsteel
Captain
Captain

Postby Graystonw on Fri 28 Feb 2020 14:49

coldsteel wrote:Should be listed as 30 HS not 28, unless I'm missing something; don't have my SSF book handy. Otherwise, looks great as a minimal mobile shipyard.

Yes, my bad. I have an annoying tendency to forget that commercial engines are bigger. (Which would push cost and maintenance higher as well.)

-G
Graystonw
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby coldsteel on Fri 28 Feb 2020 17:39

Graystonw wrote:Yes, my bad. I have an annoying tendency to forget that commercial engines are bigger. (Which would push cost and maintenance higher as well.)

-G

Eh, it happens.
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 1 BC, 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks), 2 FTx (old sculpts)
coldsteel
Captain
Captain

Postby Kumakunshu on Sat 29 Feb 2020 18:06

If I'm reading you correctly, this is what your minimal cost mobile yard should look like under Solar StarFire rules.

Class and/or Ship Name…
ITEM / NUMBER OF. / SPACES REQ. / ITEM COST
FT4 Hull / - / 30 / 109.5 MCr
(Ica) / 2 / 4 / 8 MCr
Qa / 1 / 1 / 10 MCr
(SYM) / 1 / 25 / 150 MCr
Total Cost = 277.5 MCr
Maintenance Cost = 9.6 MCr
Design… (ex.) Hull ID (2) – (SYM) Q (Ic) (Ic) – (2/2)
Notes… (ex.) Notes: (AC), gig, HTK=4, TS=21, EL=1, SL=1

I would think that since the ship's sole purpose is to be that of a Space Yard, it would be built using the industry fund.
Kumakunshu
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Return to Solar Starfire