H1.03.3 - Freighter Hulls and Military Systems

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

H1.03.3 - Freighter Hulls and Military Systems

Postby Skarn on Tue 19 May 2020 06:52

How should the 20% HS limit for military systems on FT hulls be rounded? I'll assume FRD until errata'd.

After a full-text search on "military system", H1.03.3 Magazines (Mg) on Freighter Hulls (page 73) and a blurb with the hull charts on page 348 are the only places where I found the 20% limitation, but neither indicates a rounding method.
Skarn
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: H1.03.3 - Freighter Hulls and Military Systems

Postby coldsteel on Tue 19 May 2020 13:35

Don't have my copy handy, but doesn't Section A deal with fractions and rounding?
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 1 BC, 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks), 2 FTx (old sculpts)
coldsteel
Captain
Captain

Postby Skarn on Wed 20 May 2020 08:27

Section A defines the TLAs representing different methods of rounding, but it doesn't specify a default rounding method to be used when one is not specified in the immediate rules text.
Skarn
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby dazrand on Thu 21 May 2020 17:49

Skarn wrote:Section A defines the TLAs representing different methods of rounding, but it doesn't specify a default rounding method to be used when one is not specified in the immediate rules text.

You are correct there isn't a general rounding rule, though I was sure there was one :shock:

For now go with FRD on the 20% military spaces. Even if we eventually rule otherwise (I started a discussion on our end) those will still be legal if we decide otherwise.
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Wed 27 May 2020 16:03

dazrand wrote:
Skarn wrote:Section A defines the TLAs representing different methods of rounding, but it doesn't specify a default rounding method to be used when one is not specified in the immediate rules text.

You are correct there isn't a general rounding rule, though I was sure there was one :shock:

We can always add one...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby LesMasters on Wed 27 May 2020 23:24

Hi,

In the absence of a specified rounding rule, I've always worked on the basis that the direction of rounding should be the one least beneficial to the player. This appears to be the general drift of the specified roundings anyway.

Les
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Postby Lomn on Fri 29 May 2020 08:59

Because fractional-sized systems are a thing, this seems like a rule where the lack of rounding is deliberate and should be retained. You get a 20% limit of the hull size and you cannot exceed it. But you can stick in anything that will fit to that limit.

So, a 7-HS FT0 (20% = 1.4 HS) can fit S1A1 (1.33 HS), etc.
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Return to Solar Starfire