Typo Submissions for Solar Starfire v6.02.2013.07

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Typo Submissions for Solar Starfire v6.02.2013.07

Postby Cralis on Thu 28 May 2020 21:37

Antares wrote:Just a grammar / wording suggestion in A8.02 Transit Limits

There are already edits for this section in the next version.

For these two reasons, perhaps the text here is better written as:

"No unit can be forced to enter or be towed into a warp point; units may choose to modify their cross-section...."

Actually the intent is that the drive-field bubble that tractors and pressers form around their target are automatically the improper cross-section and will always fail.

I also have a related question from this section that might need clarification in the rules. Does the fact that the way a ship avoids being forced into a WP relate to having active engines, and that ships without drive fields are destroyed when forced into a WP imply that a ship without a drive field MAY be forced into a WP in order to destroy it?

Part of the reason we are re-wording it is because Solar Starfire has a slightly different view on WPs compared to Ultra or Galactic Starfire. A unit without at least one functioning drive is unable to enter a WP, period. A WP's gravitational effect only has an effect on cosmic timescales (and if it wasn't, then they would be easier to find). Small units are primarily at danger of crossing into a WP without sufficient strength to survive transit, since they have active drive-fields in an optimal cross-section and will "fall in"
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Skarn on Thu 25 Jun 2020 09:04

I used an external search engine to double-check this before posting and didn't find it, so apologies if I missed this being posted elsewhere in the thread.

There's a conflict between two different charts as to how many S are skipped by Basic Lasers.

AA-L, page 282 states that Lb skips 8 shields.

EE-Combat Tables, page 336 states that Lb skips 7 shields.
Skarn
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Thu 25 Jun 2020 21:41

Skarn wrote:AA-L, page 282 states that Lb skips 8 shields.

EE-Combat Tables, page 336 states that Lb skips 7 shields.

Rounding error?

Go with 8 points, and I'll mark it for edit.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Skarn on Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:18

Cralis wrote:Go with 8 points, and I'll mark it for edit.

Thanks.

Moving on to another matter:

Page 117 wrote:N9.04.2.4 Counter TR completion Upon completion of the Counter-Measure's project,you gain a TA- Tech Item Copy [N9.03.2] that you are countering, and you gain the ability to build the counter-measure.

The underlined word appears to be superfluous, as N9.03.2 is Tech Item.

However, it also sounds like you just built the item that you observed, granting two items that you have figured out how to build.

Wouldn't it be better to say that you have the information from option 1 for a studied tech item rather than that you've built an actual copy of it? Or perhaps sighting N9.03.1 for Tech Copy was the intent?
Skarn
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Fri 26 Jun 2020 13:36

Skarn wrote:
Page 117 wrote:N9.04.2.4 Counter TR completion Upon completion of the Counter-Measure's project,you gain a TA- Tech Item Copy [N9.03.2] that you are countering, and you gain the ability to build the counter-measure.

The underlined word appears to be superfluous, as N9.03.2 is Tech Item.

It's the Machine Race! It's trying to confuse us! *scribble* *scribble* *delete*

However, it also sounds like you just built the item that you observed, granting two items that you have figured out how to build.

Wouldn't it be better to say that you have the information from option 1 for a studied tech item rather than that you've built an actual copy of it? Or perhaps sighting N9.03.1 for Tech Copy was the intent?

Yes it's supposed to be a Tech Copy. I've marked that for edit in the next version. I"m not sure how that happened...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Antares on Sat 04 Jul 2020 18:34

It appears that the second sentence in rule L4.10.7 AP Handling needs a grammar fix;

"The CFN crews not trained for this kind of work, there are insurance and liability issues involved."

should be

"The CFN crews are not trained for this kind of work, and there are insurance and liability issues involved."
Antares
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Antares on Sun 05 Jul 2020 12:23

I don't know if this is a typo technically... but I thought I'd mention it:

The [AppAA.CON] reference in chapter "A — Descriptions and Definitions" or item "Regular Hull" is not linked.
Antares
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Previous

Return to Solar Starfire