S4.02 Grade Promotion from Growth

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

S4.02 Grade Promotion from Growth

Postby Skarn on Sat 27 Jun 2020 04:22

I'm assuming that the answer is no, but considering the circumstances I'll ask anyway.

S4.02 states that you can't game the system by shipping population away from a colony, then letting it grow back over a size boundary in order to get another check for a new/improved Graded Governor.

However, what if a Small (or larger) population is wiped out by hostile action and then the world is recolonized? Would that new population be eligible for a potential LG+0 Governor when they reached Small?

Example: A benign world 1 StMP away from my homeworld is glassed by a Berserker. After destroying the Berserker, three turns after the population was genocided I start to recolonize, and several turns later the newly reimplanted population reaches Small. Does the completely new population on the same world get a check?
Skarn
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Re: S4.02 Grade Promotion from Growth

Postby Antares on Sat 27 Jun 2020 08:35

The shipping population comment is one example. The general rule is that each world... once per size level... period. The parenthetical comment in the latter portion of the rule probably needs to be prefaced by an "e.g." which would make this more clear.

"Each world only gets one governor chance per size level (you cannot use shipping/growth to force it back and forth across a boundary), and only the governor modifying the planet’s economy can roll for promotion."
Antares
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Re: S4.02 Grade Promotion from Growth

Postby Cralis on Sun 28 Jun 2020 15:48

Skarn wrote:I'm assuming that the answer is no, but considering the circumstances I'll ask anyway.

S4.02 states that you can't game the system by shipping population away from a colony, then letting it grow back over a size boundary in order to get another check for a new/improved Graded Governor.

However, what if a Small (or larger) population is wiped out by hostile action and then the world is recolonized? Would that new population be eligible for a potential LG+0 Governor when they reached Small?

Oh interesting question. I'm going to assume you didn't bombard your own population...

Example: A benign world 1 StMP away from my homeworld is glassed by a Berserker. After destroying the Berserker, three turns after the population was genocided I start to recolonize, and several turns later the newly reimplanted population reaches Small. Does the completely new population on the same world get a check?

That's a little bit different. S4.02 says that "each governor gets one chance per size level" ... I'd count "no governor" as a default position. But the population was wiped completely out? If there had been a governor, he'd have been killed too. I'd allow you to try again with the re-emplaced population.

However, if there was ANY of the population remaining, then I'd say no you can't.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Solar Starfire