Pricing Information

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Pricing Information

Postby Cralis on Sun 29 Jan 2012 23:55

Gentlemen, the digital downloading system appears to be in full operation for the existing products. That means that when you order Solar Starfire in a couple days - pending an authorized paypal transaction - you'll be able to immediately download it. The Download link is sent to you in an E-mail and also as a webpage after ordering. The email link is only valid for 24 hours, if you are unable to get it, email orders@starfiredesign.com and we'll send you a new link.

I've posted news of the same to our website's main news.

But the question burning on everyone's mind is: what will Solar Starfire cost?

Solar Starfire (Digital): $25 USD
Solar Starfire (CD): $30 USD

We are also going to change:
Ultimate Starfire CD (will include BOTH SSF and ULTRA, as well as the legacy products): $55 USD

FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY:
* Customers with an existing Ultra Subscription will get $5 off.
* Customers that have purchased ULTRA STARFIRE from December 1st until now can purchase Solar Starfire for $5.

NOTE: The above two special cases require special handling. If you qualify for one of those two cases, please contact either orders@starfiredesign.com or marvin@starfiredesign.com for the discount.

UPDATE: We've been having some people ask about the cost of revisions. This is our plan: Every June we are going to release an update-only revision that is free to purchasers of SOLAR STARFIRE that year. Every December (probably Jan 1st) we are going to release an UPGRADE version with new material and new rules, especially anything specific to the background story-line for the previous year. It will cost $5 to upgrade from an old version to the most current version.

NOTE: As of June 2013, the schedule has bent some and v6.01 and v6.02 will not cost to upgrade. That will start with v6.03, expected in Jan 2014.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Pricing Information

Postby Cralis on Sun 29 Jan 2012 23:56

If you are one of the special orders, PLEASE wait until Wednesday to email. Marvin won't be processing anything until Wednesday and he might miss your email if the date is prior to Wednesday!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Wed 01 Feb 2012 20:46

Hey guys, if you have a special ordering circumstance and you know the price, if you paypal the amount to Marvin before he responds to your email he doesn't have to wait until you do. Either put in the notes on the transaction that you get the discount and/or email him after sending the paypal and it will go much faster.

Thanks!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Wed 01 Feb 2012 22:52

Cralis wrote:Gentlemen, the digital downloading system appears to be in full operation for the existing products. That means that when you order Solar Starfire in a couple days - pending an authorized paypal transaction - you'll be able to immediately download it.

I've posted news of the same to our website's main news.

But the question burning on everyone's mind is: what will Solar Starfire cost?

Solar Starfire (Digital): $25 USD
Solar Starfire (CD): $30 USD

We are also going to change:
Ultimate Starfire CD (will include BOTH SSF and ULTRA, as well as the legacy products): $55 USD

* Customers with an existing Ultra Subscription will get $5 off.
* Customers that have purchased ULTRA STARFIRE from December 1st until now can purchase Solar Starfire for $5.

NOTE: The above two special cases are not yet handled by our ordering system. If you qualify for one of those two cases, please contact either orders@starfiredesign.com or marvin@starfiredesign.com and coordinate with Marvin. The good news is that he'll be able to use our new downloading system to give you immediate download rights through an email.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby mavikfelna on Thu 02 Feb 2012 18:48

I want to get the Ultimate CD with SSF. When is that going to be available? And if I order the Ultimate CD now, can I get the download link for SSF and just wait until the new CD is ready?

I've got an Ultra subscription so that should make the CD price $50, which is the price of the current CD on the order page so could I just order that and put a note about wanting SSF and having the discount?

Thanks,
--Mav
mavikfelna
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Fri 03 Feb 2012 00:08

The deal with the CDs is this: essentially I have to provide a physical CD for scanning. I was not aware of that requirement, I thought I could use an uploaded ISO or something, and the end result is that I can't make it happen until tomorrow night at the earliest.

As a result of using this printer, however, we can have the CDs produced and shipped - on demand - for the same price as before. It's hard to argue with that.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby mavikfelna on Fri 03 Feb 2012 10:01

I don't mind having to wait. I just wanted to know if I could order it now using the current ordering page and include a note that I want it to be for the new CD. :)

And if I ordered the CD would I get a download link for SSF as well?

Thanks,
--Mav
mavikfelna
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Sat 04 Feb 2012 05:38

I've had two private messages asking me if "For the month of February" meant that the discount offers will only be available during the month of February.

The answer is: YES. Marvin's discount offers for ultra subscriptions (which includes anyone who bought Ultra up to 1 year ago) and recent purchasers of Ultra are ONLY AVAILABLE DURING THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY.

I'm trying to make this clear so there is no confusion when the offer ends!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Vandervecken on Sun 05 Feb 2012 12:16

We get an extra day for discounts this year compared to 3 out of 4 years. Woooot !
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sun 05 Feb 2012 13:31

Update on the CD images... for some reason the software doesn't like these CDRWs I made. I tried three different copies, and on all three of them it stopped scanning about halfway through.

Reading through the forums for their site it appears that there are some CDRWs that it has trouble with.

*sigh* Why can't life be easy? I'm going to get a different brand and try again. I'll let you guys know.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Next

Return to Solar Starfire