Ordering Issues Thread (including How To post)

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Ordering Issues Thread (including How To post)

Postby Starfire on Thu 02 Feb 2012 04:43

This thread is for those having issues with ordering.

Things to Remember.

1. The Download link is NOT on a webpage. It comes in an E-mail.

2. Not all E-mails contain the Download Link. And the one that is supposed to have the link, some people are not getting the link presently. Be assured that we are working on the issue.

3. If you don't get a link, just drop us an E-mail and we will investigate. This does take some time because: We are not full time employee's, we are only 2 people, we have to figure out if the paypal portion worked, we have to figure out why it all happened, we have to fix why it happened, we have to hunt down your e-mail to manually send you a link. This does take time. Please be patient. Presently, it should not take more than 24 hours to get your link. And hopefully, this whole problem will get fixed soon.
Nerf rock, paper is fine. signed:Scissors.
Starfire
Marvin Lamb
Marvin Lamb

Re: Ordering Issues Thread (including How To post)

Postby Starfire on Thu 02 Feb 2012 04:44

Ok, I've been investigating the reported bad links and I finally just ordered something from the site myself.

I selected my item, went to mal's, and paid via paypal. Then I got this:

Starfire Design Studio

THANK YOU - Order number 10476432

Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. If you paid via a PayPal account then you may log in to your account at http://www.paypal.com to view details of this transaction.

Thank you for ordering from the STARFIRE DESIGN STUDIO! Please follow the link below to complete your order. If you have any problems, please email orders@starfiredesign.com. If you have any questions about our website, please email to admin@starfiredesign.com.

(Complete Order Button)

Shopping cart by
Mal's e-commerce

Upon clicking the "Complete Order" button, I got this page:

Starfire Design Studio - Order Invoice for 10476432
Thank you for making a digital purchase from the STARFIRE DESIGN STUDIO. Listed below are the download links for the digital products you ordered - these links will expire in 24 hours.

Digital Products

XXXX XXXX.zip (XX KB)

Please review our Completed Order page where you will find out if there is any additional information for your product.

We highly recommend that you join our Community Forums where you can talk to the developers and find other active players. The SDS provides most of our support through these forums.

If you have any questions or comments about your orders, please contact us at orders@starfiredesign.com.

I have, of course, XXXX'd out the ordered item since it is a test item. It has a real value, and I really paid Marvin 10 cents for it, and I really went through the entire process.

Hello Matthew Olson,

You sent a payment of $0.10 USD to Marvin Lamb

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant
Marvin Lamb

Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Shipping address - confirmed
Matthew Olson
[ADDRESS REMOVED]

Shipping details
The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Order number: 10476432
Item# 10476432 $0.10 USD 1 $0.10 USD
Subtotal $0.10 USD
Total $0.10 USD
Payment $0.10 USD

Invoice ID: 10476432

Issues with this transaction?
You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

Questions? Go to the Help Center at: http://www.paypal.com/help.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

You can receive plain text emails instead of HTML emails. To change your Notifications preferences, log in to your account, go to your Profile, and click My settings.

Ok. How about Mal's email?

Thank you for ordering from the STARFIRE DESIGN STUDIO! If you have any questions or problems you can email orders@starfiredesign.com.

Date : 2 Feb 2012 - 01:42
Order ID : 10476432

Payment by Paypal

Product : Quantity : Price
XXXX : 1 : 0.10

Subtotal : 0.10
TOTAL : 0.10

Join us on the Community Forums at http://www.starfiredesign.com/forum and talk strategy or ask for assistance from the SDS and hundreds of experienced players. Find out more about the new STARFIRE history at http://www.starfiredesign.com/stories

None of you can see this, but I even got receipt of my own order through my own email:

Order ID: 10476432
Date: 2 Feb 2012 - 01:42
IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Payment by: Paypal

Invoice to: Shipping to:
Matthew Olson
{Address removed}

Tel: {phone removed} Destination Tel:
Cell:
Email: XXXXX

Quantity Product Price Amount
1 XXXX 0.10 0.10
Sub total 0.10
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
TOTAL 0.10

And finally, the all important emailed links:

Thank you for making a digital purchase from the STARFIRE DESIGN STUDIO. Listed below are the download
links for the digital products you ordered - these links will expire in 24 hours. Any physical
products will be shipped during the next order processing day.

XXXX - XXXX.zip (XX KB)

Please review our Completed Order page
where you will find out if there is any additional information for your product.

We highly recommend that you join our Community Forums where
you can talk to the developers and find other active players. The SDS provides most of our support through these
forums.

If you have any questions or comments about your orders, please contact us at orders@starfiredesign.com.

The first five orders didn't go through because I hadn't fully triggered the right programs while I was trying to fix the server problems we were having. After that, I have no idea why people are getting the wrong page or not getting an email.

So I went to the digital processing order list:

10476432-remotecall
10476432-return

Yep. I'm there. And so are a ton of other people. According to the script there was a processed page for EVERY order. I checked the numbers.

Any of this looking familiar? Perhaps the "Complete Order" button needs to be more clear or something?
Nerf rock, paper is fine. signed:Scissors.
Starfire
Marvin Lamb
Marvin Lamb

Postby Sunwolf on Thu 02 Feb 2012 06:02

I did get the complete order button and when I clicked it the page froze.
Also got both paypal confirmation and a receipt from Starfiredesign.com
My guess would be the problem is something to do with that last page.
I will be dropping an email directly to the orders address with my order info.
I'm sure you guys will get it figured it out, just having growth pains
Sunwolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Thu 02 Feb 2012 09:24

Starfire wrote:1. The Download link is NOT on a webpage. It comes in an E-mail.

The way it is supposed to work, when you click the "Complete Order" button it is supposed to take you to a page with download links. As a backup, it ALSO sends those links to the email you list.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Dawn Falcon on Sat 04 Feb 2012 13:05

Hi;

If you use Firefox with Noscript, the downloads link page comes up as "Access Denied" and an XSS filtering error happens. You should in this case chose "unsafe reload" from the menu at the top right of the display area, and it will load the page with the download link.
Dawn Falcon
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sat 04 Feb 2012 17:22

Ahhh that makes sense, since I'm using JavaScript for Google Analytics and to make those little flags at the bottom take you to Google Translate.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Dawn Falcon on Sat 04 Feb 2012 17:37

Yea just something to add to the FAQ really, I knew what to do in that situation, but some people might not :)
Dawn Falcon
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby SCC on Sun 10 Mar 2013 00:19

Is there a reason that the ULTIMATE STARFIRE PACKAGE is only available on CD and not in a downloadable format?

The reason I ask is that I would like to get into the game and I figure that I'm likely to need/want a good portion of the material on the package, but physical copies tend to cost more, especially with international shipping thrown in
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sun 10 Mar 2013 02:55

SCC wrote:Is there a reason that the ULTIMATE STARFIRE PACKAGE is only available on CD and not in a downloadable format?

The reason I ask is that I would like to get into the game and I figure that I'm likely to need/want a good portion of the material on the package, but physical copies tend to cost more, especially with international shipping thrown in

Yep. Because we'd have to charge more. The Ultimate CD has 414 MB of materials on it. You figure for every 10 copies we sell, that is 4 GB of bandwidth (the average bandwidth cap of standard accounts on most providers is around 3-5 GB or so, just for comparison).

The cost to purchase all of the material on the Ultimate CD as downloads is quite a bit more than $55. Just Ultra and Solar together costs more.

Unfortunately, international shipping does cost more... although it's half as much to Canada. At least the CD has professional graphics and looks cool. I'd have been less happy about the plain CDRs we used to have...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby SCC on Fri 15 Mar 2013 03:46

OK, two people in my local group are interested so I'm going to be making my order shortly and I'll be posting future questions in a separate thread but I think this one goes here: The ordering page list hex maps that look like they've got lines across them, so does Starfire need special hex maps or will normal ones do?

I'll run them through the Quick-Start rules and any other training scenario's (Like the SUN ones) I can find while waiting for the CD to come so that hopefully an actual campaign will be wuicker
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Next

Return to Solar Starfire