Ordering Issues Thread (including How To post)

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Ordering Issues Thread (including How To post)

Postby Vandervecken on Fri 15 Mar 2013 04:09

Regular maps will do just fine for Solar Starfire. It is nicer to have the larger 4 piece map when detection rates go up, later in the campaign, but definately not needed. You may have to play the 1 hex = 2 tH (or 1 Hex = 4 tH) shuffle until forces get closer. And if you have a few maps that easily connect, then you are set (If your table is wide enough, hehehee). My standard long folding table isn't wide enough to get too creative or epic.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Fri 15 Mar 2013 05:22

If memory serves, the 4 part map also doubles as a system scale map. The lines are radians from the primary.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby SCC on Fri 15 Mar 2013 13:33

The two hex maps I personally have are from SITS and the smaller hex side is like 54 X 30, I should be alright

Edit: Apart from the fact that for some reason I can't enter you state on the order form, any body got any ideas?
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sat 16 Mar 2013 00:43

SCC wrote:Edit: Apart from the fact that for some reason I can't enter you state on the order form, any body got any ideas?

First, WHERE on the order form are you having trouble? There are several different websites involved in the process so I need to know exactly where you are having trouble...

And what state are you trying to enter? When I set this up I personally tested it with all 50 states and all of the Canadian states, so it should be working.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby SCC on Sat 16 Mar 2013 00:52

Cralis wrote:First, WHERE on the order form are you having trouble? There are several different websites involved in the process so I need to know exactly where you are having trouble...

Payment options at aitsafe.com were it asks for shipping address so fudging it probably isn't the best option

Cralis wrote:And what state are you trying to enter? When I set this up I personally tested it with all 50 states and all of the Canadian states, so it should be working.

Victoria, I'm in Australia
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sat 16 Mar 2013 03:31

SCC wrote:
Cralis wrote:First, WHERE on the order form are you having trouble? There are several different websites involved in the process so I need to know exactly where you are having trouble...

Payment options at aitsafe.com were it asks for shipping address so fudging it probably isn't the best option

So when you change to your country it doesn't change to let you put your state in? I know we've had people order from Australia so I'm not sure...

...are you paying with Paypal? Because I know you can put in a full address with the payment and on the special instructions ask to use that address instead of the one ordered through the website. I don't remember if you can put special instructions on our e-commerce ordering form, but if you can you could say "use address sent through paypal".

Push come to shove, email Marvin at orders@starfiredesign.com and ask him.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby SCC on Sat 16 Mar 2013 04:38

Cralis wrote:
SCC wrote:

So when you change to your country it doesn't change to let you put your state in? I know we've had people order from Australia so I'm not sure...

Nope, all I'm getting are a list of US and Canadian states even after I change the country. Do you know what they put in this place? I don't know if setting it to "No state or province" and putting my state after my city is a good idea
Cralis wrote:
...are you paying with Paypal? Because I know you can put in a full address with the payment and on the special instructions ask to use that address instead of the one ordered through the website. I don't remember if you can put special instructions on our e-commerce ordering form, but if you can you could say "use address sent through paypal".

Push come to shove, email Marvin at orders@starfiredesign.com and ask him.

Haven't gotten to that point yet, I'm only on the second page after leaving you site, the top half is Product, which lists the CD, a subtotal, shipping and a total and the bottom half which wants my shipping address, which is were I'm having problems

EDIT: UPDATE: I've e-mailed Marvin and put the order through with No State from the drop down and added my state to the end of my city. From what Marvin said it sounds like this is something that had been a problem for some time and what I did should work
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sun 17 Mar 2013 00:06

SCC wrote:Nope, all I'm getting are a list of US and Canadian states even after I change the country. Do you know what they put in this place? I don't know if setting it to "No state or province" and putting my state after my city is a good idea

EDIT: UPDATE: I've e-mailed Marvin and put the order through with No State from the drop down and added my state to the end of my city. From what Marvin said it sounds like this is something that had been a problem for some time and what I did should work

I've emailed our ecommerce provider and asked them about it as well, so if there was something wrong I'll find out. And if this has been going on for a while, it's the first I've heard about it...

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to Solar Starfire