Typo Submissions for Solar Starfire v6.02.2013.07

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Typo Submissions for Solar Starfire v6.02.2013.07

Postby Lomn on Mon 01 Jun 2015 14:37

Tech trees: I and J trees each note "Branch - Engine Modulation", but the ? section of App AA calls itself a tree ("Tree starts at SL5"). Note that ?d uses the same "Tree" terminology but isn't present in the I/J trees (seems relevant in that they're both applications of / modifications to drive fields).
//edit: also, Elec tree says "Branch - Engine Modulation" -- I'm pretty sure the actual branch should only be in one place (assuming Branch is the correct designation). The branch listing in Elec is redundant, though, as the ? section has Elec SL 5 as a prerequisite.

Similarly, Anti-Matter Generator Twig says "Branch starts" in its project listing.

Cralis: When Marvin originally wrote the tech trees, he used "tree" and "branch" interchangeably. Actually pinning down the definition and changing it in the entire rules is one of those things we've been wanting to do, but hasn't been super high on the priority list. But it's there.
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Lomn on Mon 29 Feb 2016 11:36

E4 lists cargo capacities of sh and ash as 300 and 400 csp cargo capacity, respectively. AppAA.Smcft tech tree lists each as 500 csp cargo capacity.

Cralis: I had to check to make sure that 500 was what we wanted, but you're right. Marked for correction.
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby krenshala on Wed 08 Jun 2016 19:00

K2.02.2 Facilities -- Second to last sentence specifies 1 PSF. I believe this should be 1 PTF.

Cralis: This is correct. The Capitol starts with 1 Planetary Science Facility (PSF). PTF isn't needed until squadrons are developed. The presumption is that the (PSF) is partially how they empire has surveyed their home system.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to Solar Starfire