Typo Submissions for Solar Starfire v6.02.2013.07

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Typo Submissions for Solar Starfire v6.02.2013.07

Postby Lomn on Fri 19 Sep 2014 15:04

For population-based sensors, D5.03.1.6 uses the range of 1 - 60 PU for basic sensor ability. The Sensor Table in AppEE uses the range of 20 - 60 PU (which suggests that sub-20 PU populations don't have an inherent sensor ability).
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Fri 19 Sep 2014 15:36

Lomn wrote:For population-based sensors, D5.03.1.6 uses the range of 1 - 60 PU for basic sensor ability. The Sensor Table in AppEE uses the range of 20 - 60 PU (which suggests that sub-20 PU populations don't have an inherent sensor ability).

D5.03.1.6 is likely the correct one. We probably just missed it in the sensor table.

Of course, that could be an optional rule. You could require a colony or settlement for inherent sensors, as realistically the smaller populations likely don't have any space equivalent of "air traffic control" and thus nobody to watch those sensors. Already considering a sensor facility for those who want to boost sensors on small pops and are willing to pay for it....
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby thebard on Sat 27 Sep 2014 15:35

Habitable or not?
Hello. I seem to have found two sections of the rules that give different limitations to the definition habitable /non-habitable. (so I assume that one of them is wrong and therefore a typo)

“”L5.02 Colonization Types
There are two basic types of colonies: habitable colonies and non-habitable colonies. Habitable colonies are those placed on worlds that have a benign or harsh environment. Non-habitable colonies are those placed on worlds that have a hostile, desolate, or extreme environment.””

Conclusion – Hostile is non-habitable.

“”L1.03Environment Definitions ……..
Habitable • means life bearing, which includes Benign, Harsh, and Hostile environments.
Non-Habitable • means non-life bearing, which includes Desolate, Extreme, and Deadly environments.””

Conclusion – Hostile is habitable.

So my question is… is Hostile habitable or not? This has some relevance, for example in Table L7.02 – where the “hidden PDC silos” maintenance cost depends on this (hab. or non-hab.).
thebard
Commander
Commander

Postby Cralis on Mon 29 Sep 2014 03:10

There are additional rules with this:

R3.02.1 declares that a hostile world has a "Habitable Worlds Survey"

Y5.02.1 NPR PU placement on habitable worlds is "...Benign, Harsh, and Hostile equally..."

Y9.04.3 Placement of PU in a wave starts with: "1. Fill Benign, Harsh, and Hostile"

But honestly, "hostile" environment is supposed to be considered on the extreme edge of "habitable", which is why Table L1 gives it a floating population cap (only habitable worlds get those).

I've put in a note to correct L5.02
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby reddavid on Fri 17 Oct 2014 10:12

The examples in C1.02 and C1.02.2 show half engines coded as iI.

The rules in Eng.01 show a half engine coded as i only.

In the note of Eng.02 it shows i only.

Cralis - both of those cases are correct, because the half-engine MUST be paired with a full-sized engine unless it is the only engine on the ship. It might look a little different because both examples leave off the engine generation
Let me cry and I will take on the world
reddavid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Whitecold on Thu 30 Oct 2014 13:12

Not exactly a typo, but shouldn't the combat tables for smallcraft LRW/SRW attacks, BASV values and attacks (Tables G7.01-05) also show up under EE?
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Thu 30 Oct 2014 15:07

Whitecold wrote:Not exactly a typo, but shouldn't the combat tables for smallcraft LRW/SRW attacks, BASV values and attacks (Tables G7.01-05) also show up under EE?

There are so many rules and modifiers that are part of the tables, we decided not to. That way we can't forget to modify both on changes.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby krenshala on Thu 30 Oct 2014 18:32

Cralis wrote:
Whitecold wrote:Not exactly a typo, but shouldn't the combat tables for smallcraft LRW/SRW attacks, BASV values and attacks (Tables G7.01-05) also show up under EE?

There are so many rules and modifiers that are part of the tables, we decided not to. That way we can't forget to modify both on changes.

If its not already there, Cralis, I think we need to throw in a one line reference to the table(s) in the smallcraft section to address this for others expecting to find them there.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Fri 31 Oct 2014 17:30

krenshala wrote:If its not already there, Cralis, I think we need to throw in a one line reference to the table(s) in the smallcraft section to address this for others expecting to find them there.

AA.sw (page 254 v6.02) last sentence of the intro to the branch links to G7.05

Are you thinking of somewhere else?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby krenshala on Fri 31 Oct 2014 20:03

Cralis wrote:
krenshala wrote:If its not already there, Cralis, I think we need to throw in a one line reference to the table(s) in the smallcraft section to address this for others expecting to find them there.

AA.sw (page 254 v6.02) last sentence of the intro to the branch links to G7.05

Are you thinking of somewhere else?

I was thinking somewhere in EE since thats where he (and others) have looked for the relevant smallcraft tables.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Solar Starfire