What is Point Value?

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

What is Point Value?

Postby SCC on Mon 30 Sep 2013 21:39

The example ship control sheet in Example A4.01 has a PV:37 on it and the explanation says that it means that the ship has a Point Value of 37, but Sections A3, A4, A5 and H1.07 don't mention a Point Value, so what is it?
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What is Point Value?

Postby Cralis on Mon 30 Sep 2013 23:50

SCC wrote:The example ship control sheet in Example A4.01 has a PV:37 on it and the explanation says that it means that the ship has a Point Value of 37, but Sections A3, A4, A5 and H1.07 don't mention a Point Value, so what is it?

Ahhhh crap. I can't believe we are two revisions into SSF and we didn't remove that... it's a holdover from ULTRA, which is a holdover from GSF, which is a holdover from CLASSIC STARFIRE.

That was the "value" of the ship for the scenarios in CLASSIC STARFIRE. There have been several articles over the years trying to explain how to calculate PV, but honestly we don't use it anymore. It will go away in the next version (I just made the modification myself).
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: What is Point Value?

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Tue 01 Oct 2013 20:50

IIRC, PV was based on the cost of a unit ( can't get at my copies of 3rd/3rdR to give a more detailed answer)
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Return to Solar Starfire