Play-by-email Forum Game

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Play-by-email Forum Game

Postby Whitecold on Wed 30 Aug 2017 17:10

Anything in white on the sheet should be generally safe to delete. Formulas and results of those should be in bold blue.
Purple are numbers that get modified by the update script.

For research, if you delete your accumulated RP and start from 0 and set in correct SL, the cost should be correctly calculated
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Vandervecken on Mon 04 Sep 2017 23:04

After not making to call, for a few weeks; I need to defer and not join in the campaign. If I'm not allowed to drive, nobody wants me working on a "Spreadsheet". My wife agrees, that my treatments are modifying my behavior and my ability to make good decisions. Even though we are almost broke, I made a $100 donation to Red Cross for 'Harvey' relief. She loves my heart but came close to slapping me into the 24th century. No, she didn't actually hit me, but things have been tight since the quadruple bypass and kidney failure. Thanks for offering me the position, but I cannot, accept it at this time. Good luck everybody!
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby eoghantodd on Tue 05 Sep 2017 13:14

Two items: One, I had to evacuate due to smoke from fires...so getting my laptop out has been difficult. Thanks, fireworks using idiots. Second: Vandervecken...I understand totally not having time. I just got mine back. If you're interested in consulting and helping me out a bit, being someone to bounce ideas off of, I'd love to have, if not a partner, someone who would like participating some without being responsible for spreadsheeting and stuff.

Finalizing my now fixed ship designs now that I understand how shuttles work.
eoghantodd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Tue 05 Sep 2017 13:47

eoghantodd wrote:I had to evacuate due to smoke from fires... Thanks, fireworks using idiots.

Waiiiiiit. Where are (were) you located?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Whitecold on Tue 05 Sep 2017 15:30

It is sad to hear that you won't be able to play, Vandervecken. I hope you can cope with your medication and get better. I wish you all the best.

If someone still wants to take Vandervecken's spot, I'd be happy to accommodate another player.
So far two turn zero are processed, two more are in the works. One player unfortunately hasn't responded in quite a while...
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby eoghantodd on Tue 05 Sep 2017 17:10

Cralis wrote:
eoghantodd wrote:I had to evacuate due to smoke from fires... Thanks, fireworks using idiots.

Waiiiiiit. Where are (were) you located?

Well, I'm in Sellwood, in Portland. But was staying at parents house in Fairview and the air quality plunged yesterday. So not a Formal Evacuate. More of a need to go...but now the smoke just followed me and it's awful here right now. Eyes are burning as I check Engine to HS ratio charts. ;)
eoghantodd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Tue 05 Sep 2017 17:46

eoghantodd wrote:Well, I'm in Sellwood, in Portland. But was staying at parents house in Fairview and the air quality plunged yesterday. So not a Formal Evacuate. More of a need to go...but now the smoke just followed me and it's awful here right now. Eyes are burning as I check Engine to HS ratio charts. ;)

And that's the Eagle Creek fire you are talking about. The Whitewater fire is closer to me, though I think it's the Chetco Bar fire filling our valley with smoke.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby eoghantodd on Tue 05 Sep 2017 18:06

Ahh. Yep. So you're downstate.

/end hijack of thread. ;)
eoghantodd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby eoghantodd on Fri 08 Sep 2017 13:26

Just wanted to post to celebrate both getting my sheet and fleet done, and the smoke finally clearing!
eoghantodd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Sun 08 Oct 2017 13:05

I'm still above ground and kicking, so looking to run some fleets and inflict all the damage that I.... Er, offer a decent non AI opponent during some tactical battles, lol. :lol:

I am badly in need of a computer check on Vassal playing nicely with win7, so any help would be appreciated greatly.
VoidStalker_WoE
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Solar Starfire