GG5.07 Command & control

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

GG5.07 Command & control

Postby tkinias on Wed 31 May 2017 10:03

I’m curious what the forum’s feelings are on the GG5.07 Command & control optional rules. I’ve been playing with the GG5.07.2 Task Force Organization option, but I’m having second thoughts because the allowable task force sizes feel too small. In practice, the battle lines seem always to be flying around with significant initiative penalties... and the 1000 HS hard limit comes up quickly for the heavy LRW ships one we get out of the early ELs.

Does anyone use this rule? If so, what are your experiences?
tkinias
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Re: GG5.07 Command & control

Postby Whitecold on Thu 01 Jun 2017 12:49

I am not sure how you are calculating and get a hard limit of 1000 HS. Even if you don't have any Admirals (Fight with LG-0 Admirals by default) you can employ 15 DGs. Assuming you reached Ze, that means 60 ships already, which seems like a lot.
If you have people flying around with 60 large ships, you may rather want to change your income than try to fix GG5.07
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: GG5.07 Command & control

Postby Cralis on Fri 02 Jun 2017 09:27

I have not used this optional rule...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Solar Starfire