Classic Starfire Arachnid Ship designs?

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Classic Starfire Arachnid Ship designs?

Postby Buckaroo13 on Tue 05 Sep 2017 11:27

Working my way through all the Classic Starfire content but haven't seen any artwork for the Arachnids. Has there been any official artwork for these guys?
Buckaroo13
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Classic Starfire Arachnid Ship designs?

Postby Cralis on Tue 05 Sep 2017 13:44

Buckaroo13 wrote:Working my way through all the Classic Starfire content but haven't seen any artwork for the Arachnids. Has there been any official artwork for these guys?

In the art from Original and Classic Starfire, the Arachnids don't show up in any art. However, Jack Southerland has been doing some new art and we are making swag gear with it. This year he made the art for an Arachnid calendar!

https://www.zazzle.com/starfire_calenda ... 2593113614

There's other stuff like iPhone cases, posters, and t-shirts. We intend to add more over time, and if you have a specific phone case/poster/t-shirt/etc. that you want a certain art on, let me know and I will add it.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Buckaroo13 on Tue 05 Sep 2017 21:24

cool!

Not what I pictured in my mind when reading the novels but very cool nevertheless.
Buckaroo13
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Tue 05 Sep 2017 23:59

Buckaroo13 wrote:cool!

Not what I pictured in my mind when reading the novels but very cool nevertheless.

Heh! All of the miniatures are based on Jack's art, and he did all of the pen & ink art that started showing up in Classic Starfire. His new art is about to be seen again on the covers of Starfire products!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby VX-134 on Wed 06 Sep 2017 16:45

In the art from Original and Classic Starfire, the Arachnids don't show up in any art

Actually, there was at least one depiction of an Arachnid ship in Nexus magazine #13 (page 7) in the "Arachnid Military Services Article" but it was just a drawing of one of the original generic Starfire Miniatures. Most of the Starfire illustrations during 2nd edition were just taken from the miniatures which were the same for all empires (and varied only in paint schemes).
VX-134
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby Morpheus on Wed 06 Sep 2017 22:23

This thread got me thinking, when the "old" downloads page was working, there used to be a bunch of counter downloads, and one of the races that had counters were the Arachnids. Does anyone know what happened to those counters? I believe they had a slightly different, albeit low resolution, depiction of the ships of the Arachnid Omnivoracity.
Morpheus
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Thu 07 Sep 2017 00:05

Morpheus wrote:This thread got me thinking, when the "old" downloads page was working, there used to be a bunch of counter downloads, and one of the races that had counters were the Arachnids. Does anyone know what happened to those counters? I believe they had a slightly different, albeit low resolution, depiction of the ships of the Arachnid Omnivoracity.

Yep. We still have it. In fact, I sent it out to someone a few weeks ago. If you want them, send me a private message with your email and I'll email them to you.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby coldsteel on Thu 07 Sep 2017 12:26

I thought you meant ship designs like codes. Was gonna say there's ships listed in a Nexus article...
TFN: 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Return to Classic Starfire