Classic SF map for scenarios

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Classic SF map for scenarios

Postby aramis on Mon 27 Nov 2017 23:39

One other note of mention, in case someone wants the map for the scenarions from 1E:
It used the older, blue, TFG map. Which shipped in SFB (Pocket and early run of Designer's), Battlewagon!, and SF 1E, as it was 5x8 folded in quarters.

Modern SFB map: Black, white lines, Vertical grain, 42 columns, 30 rows, 6 rectangles (14x15) marked
Pocket Era Map: sky blue, black lines, vetical grain, 28 columns, 34 rows, 4 rectangles (14x17) marked

several 1E scenarios don't fit the later map correctly. Including several system setups in SF III.
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Tue 28 Nov 2017 00:21

Oh interesting. I used to have one of those sky blue maps and I never realized they were different. Differently numbered? Or different size (number of hexes per side)?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 28 Nov 2017 09:28

I've got 2 of the blue ones, and 1 4 part map currently. I also found an electronic downloadable map.

Copied from the other thread:

I just stumbled upon a numbered hex downloadable map, it is small, and would need to be modified some, but could something like that fit the bill?

Here is the URL for that hex map with numbers.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4okHWcYnGws/UtGj0EDxPVI/AAAAAAAABI0/Dd93rPWPehA/s1600/A4HexLandscape.jpg
:)

Here is what it looks like...

:)

Not anywhere as good as the old 6 section black tactical maps from back in the day, but way better than nothing, lol. Numbered 0101 to 2214/2314, so we would need to print at least two of these to get a decent playable surface.

In fact, it would be better to print out 4 of these maps, as that would give us a 46 X 28 playing surface.
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby coldsteel on Tue 28 Nov 2017 15:34

Have to look, but I think I have 4 sets of the 4-piece maps, 2 interception-scale maps and like 6+ of the 42x30s from SFB...
TFN: 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Previous

Return to Classic Starfire