Getting started on my bucket list !

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Getting started on my bucket list !

Postby Cralis on Wed 28 Feb 2018 02:01

No worries! Here's a link to the downloads for the Ultra Starfire and Godsgopher's Classic Starfire counters.

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=3394&start=0
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Buffrockjaw on Wed 28 Feb 2018 05:52

aramis wrote:There's also my classic counters font at http://aramis.hostman.us/fonts/StarfireCountersFont.zip

wow! those are great!
Buffrockjaw
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Postby aramis on Mon 05 Mar 2018 03:31

Thanks.
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 05 Mar 2018 17:35

I thought we had your font on our original download site...? When we finish rebuilding it, do you want us to put it there again?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby aramis on Thu 08 Mar 2018 02:57

Cralis wrote:I thought we had your font on our original download site...? When we finish rebuilding it, do you want us to put it there again?

Sure! It's there to be used...
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Buffrockjaw on Sat 24 Mar 2018 16:05

The Stars At War: Scenario 1. I'm using the tactical map, and I'm placing Mazdranar in the center hex, with a moon orbiting at 2 hexes on bearing 6. Alkzar is orbiting Mazdranar, and Discovery will enter the map on radian 8. Sound accurate? I'm not going to do the system and interception stuff (for now).
Buffrockjaw
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Postby coldsteel on Mon 26 Mar 2018 13:29

Buffrockjaw wrote:The Stars At War: Scenario 1. I'm using the tactical map, and I'm placing Mazdranar in the center hex, with a moon orbiting at 2 hexes on bearing 6. Alkzar is orbiting Mazdranar, and Discovery will enter the map on radian 8. Sound accurate? I'm not going to do the system and interception stuff (for now).

Without looking at the book, sounds legit to me.
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Commander
Commander

Postby Morpheus on Tue 27 Mar 2018 09:58

I've been playing a lot of the Stars at War scenarios lately, and based on the system listing for VX-134, this looks correct to me.

By the way, are you playing with the old paper maps or on VASSAL? I want to get a VASSAL game started up wit one of my friends across the country, but haven't found a good VASSAL system map and I haven't had the time to make one myself.
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Buffrockjaw on Wed 28 Mar 2018 06:24

Morpheus wrote:I've been playing a lot of the Stars at War scenarios lately, and based on the system listing for VX-134, this looks correct to me.

By the way, are you playing with the old paper maps or on VASSAL? I want to get a VASSAL game started up wit one of my friends across the country, but haven't found a good VASSAL system map and I haven't had the time to make one myself.

old (real old!) paper maps. I have the map from 2nd ed on a magnetic dry erase board at the moment.
Buffrockjaw
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Postby Morpheus on Wed 28 Mar 2018 12:56

Buffrockjaw wrote:I have the map from 2nd ed on a magnetic dry erase board at the moment.

That's actually a really good idea! I've thought about getting a big piece (or pieces) of Plexiglas over the map sheets to use when I'm playing.
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Starfire