Introduction and offer

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Introduction and offer

Postby WonderAlex on Thu 31 Dec 2020 11:36

Hello Starfire fans,

I'm obviously new here and wasn't expecting to see an active community around this game. Nice surprise really.

I played this game once in the 1990s and quickly purchased Starfire and Imperial Starfire in order to play again with my friends online using a play-by-email system one of the others figured out. After an initial setup; we never touched it again (life, school... you know the story) and I could never get others to play it (they preferred other, simpler 4x boardgames that shall remain unnamed)

Now before I go on - I'd like to know if it's appropriate to post an offer on this forum.

If not let me know where; couldn't see a dedicated forum section.

WonderAlex
WonderAlex
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Re: Introduction and offer

Postby krenshala on Thu 31 Dec 2020 16:20

Feel free to post the relevant info here. You can also use the discord and voice channels we have there. If needed, feel free to post in the starfire admin channel to request a dedicated campaign channel on teh SF discord.

I would recommend only passing emails via direct messages, however, just in case. :D
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby WonderAlex on Fri 01 Jan 2021 15:13

Thanks, but I'm not really interested in starting a campaign again.

You see, I need to make room in my game collection, and since I haven't opened the box in 20 years, I think it's time to let it go.

So I'm looking for a good home for this game. I've tried selling it on various platforms over the past few years to no luck, so I figured maybe there are enthusiasts somewhere who might be interested, and lo-and-behold I found this forum (and new versions of StarFire.)

The boxes are in near-pristine condition (Starfire-6001- and Imperial Starfire-6003); most of the cardboard pieces are still within their sheets and there's even a copy of Sky Marshal #1 in there. My old game notes are in there too, but I'll take those out, I'm sure most of you would design better ships in your sleep.

Let me know if this is still ok.

WA
WonderAlex
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Fri 01 Jan 2021 17:17

Wow I was going to say welcome back, but if you are looking for a good home for Starfire materials then I'm sure someone would be interested. The physical products produced by Task Force Games aren't available any more, so we have no problem with your offering them to one of our players. Forum messages and/or using the "send email to user" feature can be used to make final arrangements so neither you or the interested party have to post your addresses or anything here in the forum (in fact, please DON'T do that).
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby WonderAlex on Fri 01 Jan 2021 18:11

Good to know.

Yeah, can't find anyone playing in my neck of the woods (stopped trying 20 years ago) and my current circle of gaming friends (and my kids) aren't interested in these kinds of games... {old gamer sigh}.

I know it's a collector's item and part of me wants to keep them (especially now that minis are available), but it pains me when games I own never get off the shelf and on to the table.

That said - anyone interested - please contact me directly through the forum using a private message. If you have questions about the contents or would like to see pictures let me know on this thread.

I won't post a cost, that can be discussed privately. Also, I'm open to trade for those into that.

WA
WonderAlex
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Sat 02 Jan 2021 18:41

No problem.

For reference, the rules are still available in electronic format. It's the physical box, map, and counters from that product that are not available now.

When you do sell it, please let us know.

P.S. If you are still interested in the miniatures, we have a free "Quick Start Rules for Miniatures" available that you can download and try. The best place to get it is from War Game Vault at https://www.wargamevault.com/product/21 ... Miniatures
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Classic Starfire