What Happened to Them?

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

What Happened to Them?

Postby szurkey on Mon 26 Jun 2017 09:58

What happened to the digital downloads of the Original StarFire line?

I've been waiting for Gorm Khanite War before I buy all the 2nd ed. digital versions.
szurkey
Commander
Commander

Re: What Happened to Them?

Postby Cralis on Mon 26 Jun 2017 10:52

szurkey wrote:What happened to the digital downloads of the Original StarFire line?

I've been waiting for Gorm Khanite War before I buy all the 2nd ed. digital versions.

We moved all of our individual pdf sales for Original Starfire to Wargame Vault. They have a far superior download system and account tracking. Plus, they have other things we will be able to take advantage of in the future.

http://www.wargamevault.com/m/browser/p ... /9056/9056
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby szurkey on Sat 22 Jul 2017 05:25

Cralis wrote:We moved all of our individual pdf sales for Original Starfire to Wargame Vault. They have a far superior download system and account tracking. Plus, they have other things we will be able to take advantage of in the future.

Thanks Cralis! I got them last week. I was impressed! I was thinking they were just plain old scans, like a lot of legacy game & rpg digital products. They weren't! Nice .pdf files with hyperlinks!

Has any considered adding hyperlinks should be to the SFDS StarFire order webpage and to the Board Game Geek 1st & 2nd Ed. Starfire webpages going to Wargame Vault website to make the products easier to find?

Now I need to get back figuring out how to update the Gorm Khanite War...
szurkey
Commander
Commander

Postby Cralis on Wed 26 Jul 2017 14:15

Oy! Somehow I missed your post...

szurkey wrote:
Cralis wrote:We moved all of our individual pdf sales for Original Starfire to Wargame Vault. They have a far superior download system and account tracking. Plus, they have other things we will be able to take advantage of in the future.

Thanks Cralis! I got them last week. I was impressed! I was thinking they were just plain old scans, like a lot of legacy game & rpg digital products. They weren't! Nice .pdf files with hyperlinks!

This is why it took us a while to republish the documents. Anyone can photocopy... we wanted to put out real products. Soon we'll start putting Classic Starfire PDFs on WGV, and we are even creating covers for the products without covers using new art from Jack Southerland!

Has any considered adding hyperlinks should be to the SFDS StarFire order webpage and to the Board Game Geek 1st & 2nd Ed. Starfire webpages going to Wargame Vault website to make the products easier to find?

I totally didn't think about the BGG pages. Thank you, I'll go do that. And yes, someday we'll have the website back up with a new design. I keep delaying it and I really should start focusing on one project at a time until
it is completed.

Now I need to get back figuring out how to update the Gorm Khanite War...

Update it how?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Sekundar on Tue 26 Sep 2017 10:29

Very nice. I've already got a DrivethruStuff account. I've also bought a few things from you guys. Any chance of getting a cross-load of items? Although since the Vault doesn't have the Solar Starfire (yet?) the main thing is the Classic Bundle. 20 bucks isn't too out of line if I have to pay for it again.
Sekundar
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Tue 26 Sep 2017 11:24

Sekundar wrote:Very nice. I've already got a DrivethruStuff account. I've also bought a few things from you guys. Any chance of getting a cross-load of items? Although since the Vault doesn't have the Solar Starfire (yet?) the main thing is the Classic Bundle. 20 bucks isn't too out of line if I have to pay for it again.

We have already started both Classic Starfire and doing bundles. Here is the announcement: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3308

We have the Classic Starfire core rules out now as a bundle, and we'll probably do the same with all of the supplements when they come out (very soon!)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Sekundar on Wed 27 Sep 2017 10:59

Yeah, I saw that. I was over at the Wargames Vault looking at them. I was saying that since I purchased the Ultimate Starfire Package CD from you guys, I already own electronic copies of some of the stuff in the Vault.
F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
U - for Uranium bomb!
N - is for No survivors...
Sekundar
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Wed 27 Sep 2017 11:49

When I originally convinced Marvin to let me re-publish and re-release all of the old materials... I naively thought it wouldn't take this long. I've been adding new releases to the Legacy CD as we get more done. We will be adding more early next month.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Original Starfire