So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Postby Cralis on Fri 27 Jan 2017 01:06

Ah... look I'll be honest. I've been avoiding talking about it for a reason. There were other factors at work that I'm not at liberty to discuss. That is no longer an issue as of the end of the year, but we have a need to upgrade/fix the site and make changes in our ecommerce system at the same time, so Marvin suggested we not put out extra products until we do.

We actually had intended to try and get the new site put out along with [classified] at the same time by this month. We never announced it because factors like work overtime and sickness have prevented me from spending the time needed. I hate announcing something and then missing my announced timeline, so I don't do it until I'm sure.

I take responsibility for it taking so long. Sometimes life simply doesn't cooperate. If I could I would do this full time and then we'd have some real progress, but we are not there yet.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby whartung on Sat 28 Jan 2017 15:45

Just good to hear progress. I certainly appreciate it's a low demand, low volume project and resources are always tight. It just seemed so close.
whartung
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Sat 28 Jan 2017 16:25

whartung wrote:Just good to hear progress. I certainly appreciate it's a low demand, low volume project and resources are always tight. It just seemed so close.

It's now ready to sell, the immediate problem is we are in the process of making a change in how we handle the ecommerce part of our site. While that happens, we (mostly Dazrand! make sure to thank him for his tireless work converting older products) are working on finishing the other missing older products while we make the backend changes. But I think everyone will like the result as it will give us (and you) more options with our PDF products.

While all of that is happening I'm working on something totally new...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Sun 08 Oct 2017 12:29

So, long time since I was here, and just stopping by to see what the latest news is?
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sun 08 Oct 2017 22:39

VoidStalker_WoE wrote:So, long time since I was here, and just stopping by to see what the latest news is?

Within the last 30 days we've released the 3rd edition core rules (3rd Revised, Imperial Starfire, and Sky Marshal 2 Rev 5) on Wargame Vault, added the TFN Frigate to the miniatures we sell on Shapeways, and made an update to the QSR rules and QSR miniature rules. And we've announced that this month we are releasing more 3rd edition supplements on Wargame Vault, republishing with covers using new art from Jack Southerland!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby aramis on Tue 07 Nov 2017 09:25

Any chance we'll see the Nexus materials on WGV?
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Tue 07 Nov 2017 14:17

aramis wrote:Any chance we'll see the Nexus materials on WGV?

I never considered putting the Nexus materials on WGV. Let me talk to Marvin and see if he is good with that. Likely we'd put all of the Nexus and EC materials together in one package deal.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby nukesnipe on Wed 08 Nov 2017 08:21

If I remember correctly, the Nexus magazines have the original ISW4 scenarios.... I'd have to dig out my magazines to verify that.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby aramis on Tue 14 Nov 2017 11:51

nukesnipe wrote:If I remember correctly, the Nexus magazines have the original ISW4 scenarios.... I'd have to dig out my magazines to verify that.

Yep. And the "New Carrier Rules"...
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Tue 14 Nov 2017 14:46

Oh man, I kept thinking last night that I was forgetting something. I was in-bed sick most of the weekend and was trying to catch up last night. I read this and... *palm to forehead*

I already messaged Marvin about this, I need to put together the package.

Should we do the Nexus articles and Electronic Communiques together? Or separate?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Original Starfire