Starfire I (1979) Victory Condition question

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Starfire I (1979) Victory Condition question

Postby Dustin_00 on Thu 24 May 2012 21:45

So I'm playing through the scenarios and reach SCENARIO VII - Escape into a Red Sun - January 9, 2211.

Which has the victory condition:
"The Terran player also receives one victory point for each Khanate ship that suffers more than half of its systems destroyed."

Is the Khanate player required to tell the player when this "half destroyed" state is reached? Or does the Terran have to wait until the battle is over to find out if they scored?

This could heavily influence strategy...
Dustin_00
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Re: Starfire I (1979) Victory Condition question

Postby Cralis on Thu 24 May 2012 22:20

Dustin_00 wrote:So I'm playing through the scenarios and reach SCENARIO VII - Escape into a Red Sun - January 9, 2211.

"The Terran player also receives one victory point for each Khanate ship that suffers more than half of its systems destroyed."

Is the Khanate player required to tell the player when this "half destroyed" state is reached? Or does the Terran have to wait until the battle is over to find out if they scored?

Wow, that's an old scenario :)

I would imagine that the Terran player won't know until the end of battle when you start adding up the victory conditions to see who won.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby aramis on Wed 30 May 2012 00:03

1st ed, you have to announce shields down, and streaming atmosphere (all A gone and 1 hit inside) as with later editions. You don't announce any other internals unless Xr is in use.

Which makes for some real fun with Needle beams...
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby mcb1968 on Sat 04 Jan 2014 10:24

Dustin_00 wrote:So I'm playing through the scenarios and reach SCENARIO VII - Escape into a Red Sun - January 9, 2211.

LOL. I was just asking Dustin if he could provide me with a copy of this scenario. Would anyone from SDS have a problem with this or is there a product it is covered in?
mcb1968
Commander
Commander

Postby Albireo on Sat 04 Jan 2014 13:44

2nd edition SF boxed page 15 section B12.38 Scenario VII Escape into a Red Sun

3rd edition The Stars At War supplement page 46 section 30.01.21 Escape into a Red Sun
Albireo
Captain
Captain

Return to Original Starfire