Old stuff 1st and 2nd edition

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Old stuff 1st and 2nd edition

Postby captnchuck on Tue 28 Aug 2012 06:11

I am looking for a couple of older products. I am really looking for a copy of New Empires. It would be cool if SDS put them on e23like they are doing with the old SFB stuff. Any chance of this happening? If anyone has a copy of New Empires for sale I am interested.
captnchuck
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Re: Old stuff 1st and 2nd edition

Postby Cralis on Tue 28 Aug 2012 08:40

captnchuck wrote:I am looking for a couple of older products. I am really looking for a copy of New Empires. It would be cool if SDS put them on e23like they are doing with the old SFB stuff. Any chance of this happening? If anyone has a copy of New Empires for sale I am interested.

It has been discussed... but right now they aren't available. In the future, however, we may be making older products available in electronic format. Unfortunately, right now I can't give a timeline.

It would be pretty cool though. At least, that's my argument! ;)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Tue 28 Aug 2012 15:57

I've got a copy of New Empires that I still use for reference. I would love to see it and GKW available as part of the Cosmic project.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby mcb1968 on Sat 04 Jan 2014 10:23

Cralis wrote:
captnchuck wrote:I am looking for a couple of older products. I am really looking for a copy of New Empires. It would be cool if SDS put them on e23like they are doing with the old SFB stuff. Any chance of this happening? If anyone has a copy of New Empires for sale I am interested.

It has been discussed... but right now they aren't available. In the future, however, we may be making older products available in electronic format. Unfortunately, right now I can't give a timeline.

It would be pretty cool though. At least, that's my argument! ;)

Been trying to get SDS to use one or more of the online e platforms for a while. I really think it would help their footprint. ;)
mcb1968
Commander
Commander

Postby PracticalM on Sat 04 Jan 2014 10:48

Wow $60 for Starfire III on ebay. I saw Gorm Khanate War for $30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Task-Force-Game ... 54026f0441

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14015-Starfire- ... 4acd459fb5

Still not going to part with my copies though.
--
Jeffrey Kessler
PracticalM
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sat 04 Jan 2014 16:05

mcb1968 wrote:Been trying to get SDS to use one or more of the online e platforms for a while. I really think it would help their footprint. ;)

Since you've brought it up again, we'll mention it: with the exception of e23, the other online vendors require us to give them 40% of the sale price and agree to not sell on our website (exclusive distribution). That will not happen.

I've contacted e23, however, as they have Star Fleet Battles and Starmada. I'm hoping to hear back soon.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Original Starfire